cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lexchaos47
Newcomer

RX 570 Not Detected by Motherboard?

Recently picked up a new video card, AMD RX 570, plugged it in to my PCI slot with an 8 Pin Power Cable also connected

My motherboard is a Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2 and my CPUZ information is attached, please help! Thanks

EDIT#1: The light on the card is red indicating it is not connected properly

8 pin chord is connected via an adapter on my SATA power lines, maybe I need an 8 & 6+2 cable directly from power supply

EDIT#2: Error 43 appeared when I attempted to use the card

I'm guessing I need to wait for this cable to come in the mail before using my video card

0 Likes
2 Replies

A few things to look at.

If the psu does not have a native PCIe cable/s connected, it may not be capable of running the card. What is the PSU make/model/wattage ?

Was the monitor cable plugged into the rx570, did you change motherboard bios setting to run the card (pcie/peg ? setting (initial display first or similar wording)) ?

And one other possible setting in mobo bios would be uefi, not legacy boot for graphics.

Has any other graphics card been installed previously, or just been using the processor graphics ? 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Rosewill ARC-M650, it is 650W but like you mentioned I'm running a daisy-chain from my SATA connections rather than a native PSU connection. The card probably requires more wattage than my last card; NVIDIA Geforce GTS 450.

Monitor connected with HDMI seemed ok

I loaded default BIOS settings so I can switch to uefi when my cable comes in the mail

My previous card is NVIDIA so I'll just wait until the I can connect the card properly before installing any AMD drivers

0 Likes