cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

temanya
Journeyman III

RX 570 Jumps loading from 0 to 100

Hi, loading a video card jumps from 0 to 100 Games lag and then the monitor turns off, you have to restart my PC I checked the furmark in the program for 20 minutes It works from 70 to 100 in games from 0 to 100 help me pls

0 Likes
13 Replies
djibsen
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, any solution?

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

I am using RX480 and sometimes I have similar situation. While the GPU consumes 106W of power, it is impossible to use 0%. Ignore this. No problem.

0 Likes
brödrosten
Adept II

Far fetched question, what PSU do you have and have you used wattman and changed some settings? Would really great to hear.

0 Likes
temanya
Journeyman III

In the beginning was cougar 600vte 80 bronze

Already worth a new power supply Xilence Performance A+ XN061 530W 

in the Wattman program changed nothing
After replacing the power supply stopped lag
But these jumps concern me (photo) (sorry xd i ru people my eng very bad i use google translate) 

My friend doesn't have such leaps, and also 570 he has

Perhaps you can recommend some settings in whatman

And so after changing the power supply stopped lag but there are jumps

GeDymLUHg1E.jpg

0 Likes

Ah kinda expected the PSU to have some sort of impact on the jumping part.

What brand of RX570 do you have?(Seeing the clock I am guessing Nitro+ from sapphire).

The "new" psu is a bit weaker if you check the specs for it the 3.3v, 5v, 12v and so on.

The spikes might be due to powerlimits overall(kinda unsure). Could you go to wattman and set the powerlimit to +25% and do a few tests and see if the clocks are more stable(this may shut down the system if the PSU is bad or weak but it will help us understand if the PSU can really handle it well).

0 Likes

Try to do some tests with Furmark, it only happens to me in games but when I activate the funmark it doesn't happen to me. I use a PSU of 600w coolermaster,  you format, and install windows again?

With furmark totally perfect.

GPU TEST Con Funmark.jpg

I run with the GTA V i have the spikes.

GPu con Juegos.jpg

0 Likes

I totally understand your point however I do still believe the problem is the PSU because you haven't shown how the CPU runs during these games. What CPU do you have? How are the temps for it and so on. The reason you're seeing furmark being alright is that it puts heavy workload only to the GPU.

Try furmark and prime95 at same time, would be interesting to see if that may show my theory kinda correct.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

If there is a problem with the PSU, the system will not function stably. PSU replacement allows 12V source to change. It only changes temperature of the graphics card by 1-2 degrees. Or it prevents stable operation. that's all ... OP is having a bottleneck problem. The processor is weak. Or the driver is causing a bottleneck. If you don't have any stabilization problems, don't try to buy a different PSU...

0 Likes

You might have point with the CPU being weak which is why I asked what CPU he may have and how is the utilization when he plays games.

As for the PSU question, I was thinking since he was talking about games. That is when the whole system is pulling power from the PSU and the PSU can't deliver which may cause this instability. But in the end we have to know what CPU he has and what temps/utilization is going on when he plays games. It would help us knowing that so we can help him.

0 Likes

The processor has 6 cores and probably AMD (Ryzen1 or 2). So it's not a weak processor. In some cases, however, single-core power of these processors are sometimes not enough for games like GTAV, and AMD driver makes statistic error. That's all ... If the PSU is problematic, the system won't work properly. I am rewriting it again: it is impossible for a GPU that consumes 106W power to have a 0% load.

0 Likes

Ah I was not thinking about temanya since he said after change of PSU he got better "stability". I was thinking more of djibsen. Haven't seen what CPU he has. But still for temanyas sake it still feels weird that he gets random jumps since his CPU should easily handle the GPU.

0 Likes
djibsen
Journeyman III

I have a AMD FX 8350, and 600W PSU, and dont is bottleneck, you can check here how run the games with fx 8350 and rx 580, AMD FX 8350 + RX 580 | Fortnite (Graphic comparison) & Call of Duty Black Ops 4 - YouTube 

the Gpu usage, drops to 0 and the FPS drops from 75 to 21fps. 

0 Likes

I see, yeah the FX8350 should handle the RX580 quite okay.

I don't know what PSU(besides that its 600w) in general you have and how strong the rails are.

Could you do a big favor and turn on CPU/GPU usage/Temps for CPU/GPU. When you turn on them in afterburner make sure it shows all cores and threads. Then record a gameplay where you play and the drops happen.

Another minor thing on my mind is how much memory(ram) do you have and are you using a regular drive or a SSD. Wouldn't surprise me if the drops are when random writes are done.

However a small recording showing the drops and how the CPU/GPU is working would break.

0 Likes