cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RX 570 fan speed 100% black screen

Hi, i just recently buy a bricked RX 570 Aorus from second hand it fans go 100% and don't get any video signal. Then i connect DVI to the motherboard and when i check Device manager it didn't show my GPU just integrated GPU. I think it's power issue 'couse when i connected without the fan case and touch the  GPU processor it don't heat.

So... How can i solve it? I don't know anything about voltages but i can buy a voltimeter and check what component burns, so for what can i get started checking?

0 Likes
4 Replies
hitbm47
Forerunner

Hi @rodrigez_bcl_ 

Can you even see the BIOS loading screen and Windows loading screen before it locks up? If not, it might be a connection issue or something with the PSU cables or PCIe slot. Or the card might be damaged.

Kind regards

0 Likes

No, i never see Bios screen since i buy it.

I clean PCI slot from Motherboard and GPU i have another RX 560 and it runs well PSU clables are fine too i think some capasitor just burns out but i don't know what voltages are ok for every component on the GPU

0 Likes

Hi @rodrigez_bcl_ 

I am uncertain about the voltages, but it does not seem good if you cannot even see the BIOS. In this case it is possible that the previous owner tried to flash another vBIOS to which caused it to brick, or it has some damage.

What wattage PSU are you using? I am quite certain that the RX 570 would require a 8pin + 6pin connection such as my RX 480. Furthermore, it would require at least a 550W PSU. You can maybe try testing different HDMI/DVI/DP ports on the GPU in case what of them is causing a short for some reason.

You should also be using the correct PCI power cables from the PSU (not saying you aren't) these days they have their own colours (I have seen blue & red). If the card is using default voltages, there should not be issues like this.

Kind regards

0 Likes

It uses 8 pin it's not PSU issue or PCi slot (I'm alnost 100% sure) i just want to repair checking evey component on GPU with a voltimeter (I buy one on Amazon today) i'm not an expert on electricity

0 Likes