Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

felichella
Adept II

Re: RX 570 Crashing Constantly

"But last crash happened when I was at the menu, with zero load on the GPU."

Dude i had same problem as you with strange crashes on idle and i found the problem was with memories that were overclocked. Do u know what frequencies your cpu  and ram usually work safe? You can check it easily on Google or on manufacturer sites.

If you have any of them one is enough sometimes to make your machine crash if these values are above set on your bios to default settings. 

Go into Windows and check with Hwinfo64 or Sandra or any app for monitoring your system and see if values are normal. 

For me you have in there something above normal.

kiddo_ogami
Adept II

Update: replaced my single 120 mm PWM fan with 2 140 mm DC fans, and updated to driver Adrenalin 20.11.3

No more crashes.

GPU Temp are fixed to 89 °C when gaming. Still high indeed, but ok according to XFX support.

0 Likes
EnchantedSilicon
Journeyman III

I had the same issue with crash and gpu stress tests like Kombuster made the same issue with crashes.

I literally tried everything reinstall drivers etc.

To the last i broke the warranty screw and opened the graphics card and see it, the problem was the thermalpaste dried out and missing thermalpads. 

I replaced the thermalpaste and put the missing thermalpads and started the pc.

Finally everythink worked well no problem and no crashes anymore.

I know warranty is gone. but no worries.

0 Likes
USSR_BLIN
Journeyman III

I have found a solution for the same problem for myself. I downloaded the Radeon Software and was able to fine tune my graphics card so that i does not become so stressed. I went thru all of my games and had fine tuned fan and fps limits on the Radeon software. This method seems to work and has made most games more playable and less pc crashes. also make sure that the bios switch on your physical card is switched to the performance mode. The switch should be turned to the setting that is closest to the blue light. both of these things seem to have fixed my issues in all of my favorite games that I play. I hope this works for all of you, Good Luck!

0 Likes
felichella
Adept II

Here with my Sapphire Rx 570 only 4 Gb i never have problems and pay attention and give u opinions if u want about my config for games:

As u see i have a good performance in games such as Battlefield 1 with custom graphic settings in game overall graphic levels on medium cause i usually play multiplayer. In single player i can play with Dx12 and high graphic levels.
Now i will show u my set and one thing that is doing a good effect is the game mode activated on Windows 20H2 version.
In radeon adrenaline 2020 version 20.12.1 last Whql certified driver from November i set it for gaming that shows me anti-lag and sharpness activated.

To keep gpu with good temperatures i always use Sapphire Trixx software fans set by myself and i keep it now on winter about 50 degrees celsius and on summer if temperatures are not extreme hot max 60 degrees never more.
Check my pics to see it and give an opinion if u want.

1.png2021.01.31-14.35.png2021.01.31-14.36.png

0 Likes
noobgamer
Journeyman III

Guys did you solve your problem, I am in the exact boat 

Gigabyte rx570 4gb, black screen of death, it will restart the computer without warning,i mo itor it, it restart on 60c and 1 on 72c,

So the temp is not the problem,

It seem random on game, on newer game scavenger, i crash 100% 3 to 10 minutes ingame.

This os the first time i use amd cards,

Thanks

0 Likes