cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

00cjstephens
Journeyman III

RX 570 Code 43; Drivers Won't Install

I just bought a slightly used (not for mining) RX 570 8GB on eBay to replace an old Nvidia GTX 640. The setup DVD which came with it will try to launch, but never open a window, and claim to be already running when I ran setup again. I downloaded the most recent drivers for this card from AMD using the Adrenalin program, but after it finishes installing and restarts, the AMD settings tells me that AMD drivers are either not installed or are not working properly. The card shows up in Device Manager under the correct label, but is shown as not working under error code 43. I have done everything I can think of - removed all graphics drivers with DDU, deleted C:\AMD, deleted AMD registry keys, and run the driver installation time and time again. I'm totally out of ideas. What could possibly be causing the card to act like this in my system?

0 Likes
12 Replies
owentor
Journeyman III

yeah, I am suffering with the same problem

0 Likes
grant
Journeyman III

So after spending days on this by switching out two different 570's into multiple similar model motherboards, switching PCIe slots, installing and uninstalling multiple drivers from amd in and out of safe mode, switching cable types, input types, checking a lot of BIOS settings and doing a lot of forum reading.  I cannot get either of these to accept the drivers and keeps giving the "no AMD drivers installed".  I'm stumped.  There seems to be a lot of conflicting info on weather or not the current amd line supports legacy BIOS, which is what I'm trying to get work.  I really hope someone from AMD reads this and can shine some light onto the issue because I have found a lot of post with the same question and some people said that it works fine for them, others don't.

I have a EVGA x58 sli3 with intel i7 980 and two rx570.  What can we do to get these to work?

0 Likes
fva
Adept I

Hi all, I got the same problem with a used card. The vendor appeared to have used the card for mining activities. He advised me to run the patch atikmdag-patcher-1.4.6 (can be found through googling, I pulled it from a mining forum), and it solved the problem in my case (I ran a virus check before installing the patch, didn't find anything).

grant
Journeyman III

Wow, that was it.  THANK YOU!  Also for future people who hopefully find this useful when I got it working with this patch I had to do another AMD suite update which broke it again.  Ran the patch again and rebooted and all is good.  I would think this would ultimately be fixed with a BIOS update to the GPU itself which I may get around to later but for now that patch AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher  works great. 

0 Likes
bigwiz
Journeyman III

YOU SAVED ME BRO!!

0 Likes

1. RUN DDU
2. INSTALL DRIVERS
3. INSTALL AND RUN atikmdag-patcher [AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher 1.4.7] [https://sourceforge.net/projects/amd-ati-pixel-clock-patcher/]

WORKS LIKE A CHARM!!

@fva

0 Likes

it still says code 43

0 Likes

I am having the exact same problem but when i run the patch then it says drivers file not found.

PLZ HELP

D.JPG

0 Likes

Thank You Bro!! omg its worked by me aswell!

0 Likes
grosman
Journeyman III

long time a go i got same trouble, it was because in was second hand and of course after looking of a issue on internet I finally understand... A lot of cards rx 570 was used for mining and for mining you flash the card so I found a flash for this card it works but I can not install the update, because every time I tried I got teh 43 error 

0 Likes
grosman
Journeyman III

long time a go i got same trouble,  because it was second hand and of course after looking of an issue on internet I finally understand... A lot of cards rx 570 was used for mining and for mining you flash the card so I found a flash for this card it works but I can not install the update, because every time I tried I got the 43 error 

0 Likes

do you have any suggestion how to solve code 43 on RX 570?

txn

0 Likes