Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sierra
Journeyman III

RX 570 BSODs/reboots in Unity-based games

• System
    • Sapphire RX 570 Nitro +
    • Desktop
    • Windows 7 Maximum 64bit version 6.1 (7601 Build: Service Pack 1)
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline 21.3.1
    • Acer Nitro QG221Q 1920x1080 @75Hz, connected via HDMI
    • AMD FX 6300
    • Asus M5A78L-M USB3, BIOS American Megatrends Inc. 2101, 02.12.2014
    • CHIEFTEC CTG-550C 550W
    • 3x Kingston DDR3 4GB 1600 + 1x Kingston DDR3 4GB 1333

I occasionally get a BSOD (KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, 0x0000001e, caused by amdkmdag.sys) while playing Unity-based games like: Rimworld, My Summer Car (high settings), Subnautica Below Zero (med-high), etc. All of the games I had issues with are not that much demanding and I have consistent 60 fps in most if not all of them, in some GPU is barely even loaded, with fans staying in passive. I have this issue for more than a year already, I checked all my hardware, tried almost every advice I could find on the interned (exept reinstalling OC and a few other, that looked way too complicated) and bought a new power supply. I also brought this PC twice to the repair shop, but both times they found no issues. They've also checked GPU internally and said it was fine.

The strange thing is, I can play GPU-intence games like RDR2 (med-high), Control (high), Snowrunner (high) or GTAV (high-ultra) with no issues at all, no BSODs or anything, but when I play one of the mentioned games on Unity engine I get a BSOD or a black and white static, after which PC powers off.  I'd like to be more specific, but it happens occasionaly (one day I get 4-5 BSODs, next week might not get any at all) and really randomly (usually after about 50-60 minutes into the game, but happened even after 3+ hours), so I can't really tell if it's caused by some specific effect or scene or something.

GPU is clean and never runs hotter than 71-73C at max load.

I changed my GPU to GT640 and had no issues with those games (although FPS was obviously way lower). MEMTEST, harddrive tests and inbuild windows test all show no issues. Also no issues when running synthetic tests like Furmark or AIDA64 stress test, ran them for more than an hour atleast 8-9 times this year.

Tried downclocking and downvolting the GPU, no results. Also tried overclocking it to see if the issues become more frequent, and they did not.

Another I guess important thing is that there were more issues and they were more frequent  before I've installed all available windows updates (haven't updated it for atleast 4 years).

I was thinking about switching to windows 10, but I'm not sure if there's a chance it will fix the problem.

0 Likes
0 Replies