RX 570 Artifacting/Strobing

CPU: Ryzen 2600 OC to 3.00 GHz

GPU + Driver: MSI Armor RX 570 8 GB, v19,9.2

OS + Version: Win 10, 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Memory: 16 GB 3000 MHz

Mobo + BIOS: Asus Prime x470-Pro, 4024

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W

Monitors: x2 Asus VP247 24 in

When I play games and alt tab, I get all kinds of artifacting/flashing/strobing on both monitors. This happens with windowed borderless and fullscreen. I haven't tested windowed. It'll also occasionally happen with fullscreen videos. Now, it happens with some games (Halo Master Chief Collection) without alt tabbing. After opening one of these games, it'll sometimes strobe on the desktop, unless I have a program or Windows start menu open on the primary monitor. I usually run NZXT CAM, Discord, Spotify, and Chrome on the second monitor. No changes to Wattman other than fan curve.

First time I saw this was the optional driver around the same time the COD MW Beta was around, because it required those drivers. After the beta was over, I reverted to the previous drivers. I encountered some issues with that driver after a while, so I updated. I've been ignoring the issue for a few weeks now, putting off this deep rabbit hole of further issues.

Anybody know if this could be a hardware or software issue? I've booted into safe mode and used DDU multiple times, then installed a variety of drivers dating back from July, to the most recent. On the most recent attempt, I only installed the graphics and audio drivers, ignoring the report wizard, AMD software, and Relive. I've also checked the physical connections, power, etc, and they seem fine.

2 Replies
devro26
Journeyman III

I have a similar issue, except it happens in game as well

0 Likes
johnny_pains
Journeyman III

Same Problema here. 2x 24' AOC sniper. 

0 Likes