cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cheandre
Adept I

rx 5600xt poor valorant fps (ryzen 51600 af processor)

Hi so, i have been getting an average of 120 fps on valorant while using my rx 5600xt paired with a ryzen 51600 af processor. According to VALORANT FPS Benchmark Calculator - How Many FPS, I'm supposed to getting roughly 400 fps. I used GPU-Z to troubleshoot the issue, and I discovered, instead of my GPU using anywhere near to its maximum clock speed (about 1500) it hovers around 100MHz whenever I play valorant. Can anyone help? ;/

0 Likes
1 Solution
cheandre
Adept I

Update: Apparently the issue was my processor, I upgraded to a ryzen 5 5600x and my frames are now tripled, I get about 300-400 fps in-game and abt 800 fps in range. So if there`s anyone out there that had the same issue as me, the processor is most likely the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Doctоr
Adept III

amd is one big problem - if possible, change the video card to nvidia and there will be no problems

0 Likes

lmao changing GPUs right now isn't an option, is there some sort of optimal AMD driver I should use for running valorant?

0 Likes

maybe https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-4-2
but this driver very old - but more stable of all
for me for sure

0 Likes

wish i could say it worked, i got like 5% less frames lol, I shouldn't have been cheap and bought nvidia ;/

0 Likes

I have an rx 5700 xt, and I have low fps - I have been facing this problem for 1.5 years already - the problem is in the driver - the driver is **bleep** - I play only one game all the time - and I see 30-40 fps - amd scored a bolt on it, and I am very sorry that I did not take nvidia back then

I can't wait to sell this RX 5700 XT and get the 3070ti
what I wish you too

0 Likes
cheandre
Adept I

Update: Apparently the issue was my processor, I upgraded to a ryzen 5 5600x and my frames are now tripled, I get about 300-400 fps in-game and abt 800 fps in range. So if there`s anyone out there that had the same issue as me, the processor is most likely the issue.

0 Likes