cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

wilson88leung
Adept I

Re: RX 5600XT BSOD video failure tdr

I did a clean install of Win 10 May update and with driver version 20.4.2 seems stable.  Interesting is with 20.2.2 my machine will fail to boot into login screen.  After POST process, it will show dark screen.

mrapplebe
Adept I

Ok guys,

After a lot of headaches, I think I found the issue.

The random crashes was from the STABLE graphic drivers. Just update to the new 20.4.2 drivers.
The game crashes was from an monitoringtool called argus monitor. which sometimes it works flawlessly and sometimes it crashes every game...
Kinda sad because I have custom fan profiles for my fans and gpu fans.
And get a decent powersupply too! the new vbios is more performance and more powerdraw.

I hope your cards are also doing fine and crashfree lol.

0 Likes
bassabiceps
Adept I

First thing I guess anyone would try is to use the most recent drivers and that didn't work.

What kinda worked for me, and by that I mean almost one week without any crash, it'san automatically GPU undervolt option at the AMD Software as seen below(sorry it's in portuguese):

pastedImage_1.png

You guys try it out and comment on the results!

0 Likes
andrewsss
Adept II

Cards with BIOS F60 from the factory can not be updated to F1, F2, FA0. We must wait for the BIOS F61. Although it is not a fact that it will be. This was confirmed by Gigabyte support. This is probably the problem.

0 Likes
mrapplebe
Adept I

Actually never mind. I got 3 bsod's yesterday

0 Likes
andrewsss
Adept II

If you flashed the VBIOS from F60 to FA0, this is the problem. Flash back the F60 and there will be no problems.

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

They released the new drivers just today. Since then I couldn't watch videos on YouTube for more than two minutes wothout BSOD (and god knows I tried it all to make it work), now with the new release I have YouTube running from two hours very smoothly and sunrfing the net with Chrome with hardware acceleration ON. Did they make it?

Two days ago I bought a brand new RTX2060S, amazing card but it heats up a lot more than the 5600XT and it has an higher power consumption. If they've definitely solved all the issues with the 5600 I think I'll switch back again with it.

For the record, I have the F1 bios.

I'l keep testing it in these days and let you know, let's cross our fingers! 

0 Likes
andrewsss
Adept II

Which VBIOS are you using???

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

The F1 from Gigabyte, see image:

rad.jpg

0 Likes
wester
Adept II

Little update: I just ran Unigine Heaven for one hour with max overclock (1820/1860) without green screens or reboot.

0 Likes