Since the beginning of owning this card I have nothing but problems with it.
Ik keep getting this bsod: video tdr failure atikmpag.sys. Bluescreenview report that 'dxgkrnl.sys' causes this bsod.
It happens at random: sometimes after logging in, sometimes after couple hours, sometimes days
After some searching on the web, I found that the graphic drivers were the issue.
This is what I've tried already, but failed:
- ran windows memory controller overnight to test the ram;
- DDU the drivers and reinstall the chipset and graphic drivers;
- same as above, but installed the graphic drivers manually via device manager without the radeon software;
- tried the stable version 20.2.2 aswell as the 20.4.2 version
- disabled freesync on my monitors;
- reseated all cables on my pc;
- reapplied thermal past on cpu;
- disabled hardware acceleration on firefox;
- ran cinebench and heavenbenchmark for 30 minutes each with no issue
- probably something else, but forgot.
- amd ryzen 5 2600
- powercolor rx 5600xt red dragon (radeon 20.2.2 right now)
- asus b350 prime plus with the latest bios
- sharkoon sph 650w 80 plus psu
- trident z 16gb 3000mhz cl16
- xpg adata m.2 ssd
- seagate barracuda 2tb
- 4x bequiet fans
I ordered a new psu, but I doubt if that's the problem.
A couple months ago I had a gtx 1660 running just fine.
I attached the latest minidump below.
If I forgot something to mention, please let me know and I will get back to you asap.
thanx for the help in advance.
ps: don't mind the temperature of the cpu in speccy. It does not display it right
We are having the exact same issue with the same card. We updated it yesterday to the newest drivers. Its been crashing a lot more now
Me too, but instead of blue screens I have the green ones.
I experienced less crashesd since I updated to the last drivers (in the beginning it was quite terrible) but still....
It's a matter of facts that the RX5600XT is a buggy card, I think it's a question of time till they fix all the issues and release the right drivers.
Same here, I have a Gigabyte RX 5600 XT and I've tried everything:
Update motherboard bios,
brand new Windows installation,
Disable AMD software features
And nothing, blue or black screens and you need to restart the computer, it happens once a day at least.
I'm sure it is the videocard/driver instead of another pc component because I had a nvidia card before and absolutely no issues,
switched to AMD the this started:
Unfortunately after stable at 20.2.2 for couple of days. After my machine rebooted, the same Bsod came back. Amd, when are you going to fix the problem? Planning to switch to Navida for good.
Have you ever try to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcj9l8HPR0M
Edited: I used a youtube link here and I don't know if the moderation will allow me to keep that.. If not, try to search "
I have changed back to my old card. Planning to completely refresh my machine when Windows 10 May update release in couple of weeks time. Will try again with the 5600XT card.