Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mpzzo
Journeyman III

RX 5600 XT sudden problems

Hello,

I've had my Sapphire Pulse RX 5600 XT for a little over a month and it's been working great until when I woke up on Saturday, my display has no signal, and the Windows startup doesn't make it past the spinning white dots.

I managed to boot into safe mode to clean up the drivers with DDU and then tried reinstalling them, but when the installer tries to install the drivers the signal to the monitor gets lost again!

I've tried using an earlier driver version - thinking it was only the latest March 5th one that was having issues - but still, no signal.

I've also tried a clean Windows 10 install and installing the drivers but still - no signal.

I was convinced this was a drivers issue since I'm able to use the computer without the drivers installed, but the fact that earlier drivers no longer work and neither does a clean install of Windows 10 - makes me think something is wrong with the card.

I'm honestly not sure what to do now. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there any tools out there that could help me diagnose this or what's going wrong during the install? Do I need to RMA the graphics card?

0 Likes
8 Replies
itayabo
Adept I

Hi ! You fix it? Have same issue!

0 Likes
okano14
Adept II

https://community.amd.com/thread/251101 

Similar situation here, emailed support but they only ask me to wait for next release...

all drivers from 20.1.3 onwards are not working for my case, dunno how long do i have to wait thou...

0 Likes
itayabo
Adept I

Exactly what happened to me
The computer worked fine until one day ....
This is the answer I got from amd support:

"If feasible please test this GPU on another well known system and check the issue status it will narrow down the issue if its related to the GPU or with the other hardware components. Please take help from your friends or neighbors or any local center. you notice the same issue, please initiate the warranty

Thanks for contacting AMD

So apparently that answers our questions ..

0 Likes
jocko68
Journeyman III

I an not on rx 5600 xt but (rx560) exactly have same symptoms like  mpzzo/ every restart black screen appear after white dots circle finish....then safe mode removing drivers or return to restore point......

i tried from version 18, 19 adrenalin....then just driver without ....adrenalin....got nothing/ black screen.

with intel is ok something happened to windows-amd relation...conflict

0 Likes
okano14
Adept II

20.4.2 is out now!

but it is not working for me though....

0 Likes
boydo
Journeyman III

Hi My Pc won’t even boot to bios just got the card (Msi RX 5600 xt) on the 16th April work for 2-3hrs then crashed just get 1 long beep and 2 short beeps 

cpu:- Ryzen 5 2600x

MB:- Msi B450 gaming max

Ram:- 16gb Corsair 3200

psu:- 750w

Had to use my old R9 280 witch worked straight away after plugging it back in, I have contacted Msi and waiting on them getting back to me again. To say it’s frustrating is an understatement have built and upgraded PC for over 10 years and never once have had problems like this. 

0 Likes
mpzzo
Journeyman III

Just to close the loop on this,

I spoke with Sapphire Tech and RMA'ed the card. No idea what went wrong with the original card I had, but I just installed the one they sent over and the card works with the drivers once again. My guess is it was something hardware-related after all.

For anyone experiencing these issues I recommend trying to do the same. Luckily the people over at Sapphire were pretty responsive - they generally got back to me in less than a day. They had also asked me to try it out on a different desktop, but I was honest with them and explained I didn't have one around me and they were pretty understanding about that.

Best of luck to everyone!

P.S. @boydo - the beeps sounds like the motherboard is telling you there's something wrong with the GPU installation. Maybe it's not seated correctly? Otherwise it could be something wrong with the card - if you have another computer to test it on (lol) it's worth a shot to help rule things out.

0 Likes
jtb3
Journeyman III

i have the exact problem that OP has, I have tried two different machines and 3 different cards, and ever since the new drivers are installed on the system  I experiencing no signal issues.

GPU 1 - RX480 founders edition

GPU 2 RX480 GIGABYTE ( i think - got 3 fans, would need to check more info to confirm)

GPU 3 - 5600XT Sapphire ( brand new purchase from 17th June 2020 ) 

tried all 3 cards in two different machines, they just lose signal - and the only way to resolve is to turn off and reboot.

I've tried rolling back the drivers and doing fresh installs and reloading but no luck - i cant RMA the two RX480 cards but the Sapphire i can, but I'm loathed to do so as i believe this looks like a driver issue. 

I have tested the CPU's MOBOs RAM, CPU fans, displays HDMI cables PSU ...everything seems to work alone but when the GPU is introduced it causes problems. 

id really like some help so anyone got any ideas? 

0 Likes