Info about my new system.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x - Stock Cooling Fan

Mobo: Gigabyte B450 Aorus m

Ram: G skill trident 16GB (2x8GB) RGB Series

PSU: Corsair 850w

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT

Hard disks: Samsung 970 Evo 1TB - NVMe M.2

Case and fans: Thermaltake Core v21

Here's the problem.  The system is new, less than 2 weeks old.  I keep having these intermittent video errors ONLY while playing games.  If I'm watching Netflix, Hulu or YouTube, surfing the net, etc.  I experience no problems.  Only while playing a game does this problem crop up and it DOES NOT happen all the time.  I'll start up a game and the video completely cuts out.  NO VIDEO at all, I can hear the game running, if I move the mouse around and happen to mouse over a selectable item I can HEAR the "click" sound, etc but there's NO VIDEO.  Also, I am getting NO video error messages, no codes to look up, nothing to indicate there's a problem.  Now, if I hit the restart button on the case then open the game again... problem resolved, the game will run without issues.  Again, I reiterate, this DOES NOT happen all the time.  It's very frustrating.  I've removed and reinstalled the current video driver a couple of times, made NO adjustments to the driver through the interface at all.  But I'm still getting this odd error on occasion.  A friend of mine (who is a lot more tech-savvy than I) says there MAY be a problem with the card itself.  I do have time to return and replace it, but that time is running out.  Any ideas? 

2 Replies
mustanito
Adept II

Did you update the bios? Those that are Rev 1.0 are not compatible with the new bios and give that kind of error. Gigabyte with this model is doing very badly. It is only compatible with the factory bios F60. They do not support increased performance. Which they do not say anywhere and it depends on the lottery that reaches you. I have two months with problems and gigabyte laughing at those who bought them.
0 Likes

Yep, I just checked.  This board came with the latest updated bios version.  The latest version is F50 and that's what I have, version and dates match per msinfo32 and gigabytes website.

0 Likes