cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

baconhamurai
Journeyman III

RX 5600 XT having issues crashing games

So, I am having issues with this graphics card.  I'm told I can run it with my specs ( but I dont know how to find my specs just the person that installed it told me I was good.) But ever since i put the card in. I experience constant crashes in all of my games.  Some of the forums say I need to update my bios but I don't know how to check if my bios are correct or how to download the correct ones.

0 Likes
5 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

Radeon Software is overclocking these 5000 series cards out of the box.
This results in higher temps, more fan noise and for some cards: instability and crashes.

Look up the boost clocks for your make and model from manufacturer spec sheet.
Then enable manual performance tuning within Radeon Software and enter your
max boost clock into the "P3" power state. Then hit "Apply Changes".

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

Didn't work, still having crashing and issues

0 Likes

E1045489-0083-46E3-BA26-C6879EF7571A.jpeg

0 Likes

Download DDU and run it in safe mode, removing the current GPU driver, then again if you had an Nvidia card prior. Do this with the internet disconnected until the final step below.

DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.3.6 (guru3d.com)

Download the 20.8.3 driver from here: AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT Previous Drivers | AMD and save them for now.

After running DDU with the internet disconnected, install the 20.8.3 driver and after the final reboot, enter Radeon settings and disable the auto update feature. Reconnect to the internet.

Try it out and if it's good, I'd go back into settings and disable Radeon Lag, Boost, and Chill, the rest should be ok. If it crashes or this does not work, look a the PSU and make sure it's fairly new, a 600W or better and if the card has 2 x 8 pin power connectors, use 2 cables not the split dongle. Make sure the card is fully seated. Try the card in another PC or swap PSU's. All else fails it may be a defective card.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes

Tried all of these already and it **bleep**s up on other computers and such as well.

0 Likes