cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bedmonkey94
Journeyman III

rx 5600 xt gets 10-20 fps in SOME games, performs fine in others?

Seemingly overnight a couple weeks ago, I started having massive frame drops as early as the initial loading screen in SOME games I frequently play Dead by Daylight & Divinity: OS 2, both of which previously worked fine and inexplicably stopped performing well (ie, would get standard 60fps before and now get 10-20).  I also tested on newly purchased Foxhole and Hell Let Loose and got 20 fps max on LOWEST graphics settings. However, other games perform perfectly fine (League of Legends and Back 4 Blood both get steady 60+ fps like I'm used to). 

I uninstalled/reinstalled the games, moved file locations to a nearly empty SSD, and checked hardware. 

rx 5600 xt drivers are up-to-date. I used DDU to uninstall & reinstall to be sure. I also tried rolling back to a driver set from before the night in question, no luck. motherboard drivers are also up-to-date.

CPU & GPU usage and temperatures are perfectly normal (40-60% usage, never above 60 degrees).

I even tried removing my 5600xt and let it sit outside the tower for a few minutes.

I've been at a complete loss of what the issue could be. The fact that only certain games have issues suggests that it could be an issue on the games' end, but they are completely unrelated to each other. I can't think of a common thread linking all the problematic games that would explain it.

If the physical gpu was damaged, I would think that ALL games would be affected similarly, not only some. 

If the drivers were the issue, I don't know why rolling back to older versions wouldn't fix it (the games themselves did not have any updates to my knowledge).

I've already sought out multiple local PC & Tech Support vendors and they were all stumped the same as me. PLEASE help

Specs:

Motherboard: MSI H87-G43

CPU: Intel i7 4790 @3.6

GPU: Radeon rx 5600 xt

SSD: Samsung 860 pro

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because of the different graphics machines of the games in interaction with the Radeon graphics driver, it usually only affects certain games with DX12. Somehow the Microsoft and AMD drivers are at odds here, in my opinion. Nobody will admit this, of course, but the forums are full of graphics problems with the DX 12 PCI Express 4 AMD 5000 and 6000 graphics cards.

0 Likes