cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

artnex
Adept I

Re: RX 5600 XT gaming OC Gigabyte reboot in the game

so... the quest for a stress-free life continues, but I think it's a lost cause.

Since I got this gpu it's like devil got into my PC, it simply refuses to work properly. I've already reinstalled Windows 10 two times since my last post, I nearly forgot how to do it. F2 bios worked for some time, then again my PC began to crash, then Windows got corrupted and had to reinstall it. I've suspected that the problem could be in NVME 970 Evo Plus SSD, but then I had the same experience with my Seagate HDD. After installation I fully updated all the drivers and the card work properly a day or two, then Adrenaline began to crash like crazy (Accordingly to Windows Reliability History report) and after that Windows crashed again. It was so bad, that I couldn't load repair mode, command prompt also did no help. Then I suspected that RAM could be the issue. So with one plate and in this way I managed to install Windows 10. After second installation my PC worked fine for about a week, till the first crash yesterday - then it started again, my PC started to freeze again... So the problem could also be a faulty motherboard, but I still think that RX 5600 is to blame. 

BTW, I've installed F60 bios (VGA Bios Collection: Gigabyte RX 5600 XT 6 GB | TechPowerUp). This is the bios I'm using now. 

I wish you all good luck!

xirombinha
Adept III

Has it crashed since you flashed to F60 bios so far?

0 Likes
artnex
Adept I

Yes, 3 times 15 min ago, switched off the PC and looking for a new card. At first it seemed that F60 is the solution. The whole thing is very odd, every time after clean driver install (Os install) the card runs very stable for various amount of time, from 1 day to a week, till it crashes once, the it begins again and again and again. So far nothing has helped. 

0 Likes
abrazive
Journeyman III

My GPU came with de F60 Bios. on the GPU it stated Revision 1 so its look like an older bios. Didn't get the chance to get it running. no matters what Bios (FA0, F2 or F60) or drivers, always end in black screen on boot. Getting tired of trials and errors and errors, and errors...

0 Likes
bezerra95
Adept I

I have the same issue and still couldn't find any solution.

0 Likes
hceter
Adept I

FYI Gigabyte have released 4 new bios versions for these cards, I have installed the relevant bios version for my card.  Will report back on performance and issues (if any).

Radeon™ RX 5600 XT GAMING OC 6G | Graphics Card - GIGABYTE Australia

0 Likes
cmack74
Journeyman III

I have the f60 rev1 model and flashed to f61 and it is rock solid on 20.5 drivers.  Not one single crash yet.

0 Likes
alucardead
Journeyman III

Hello friend, I just bought a 5600xt, I would like to update it, but I don't know which of the 4 bios versions to download (FA1,F61,F3)
How do I know what vbios I have?

0 Likes
bezerra95
Adept I

I don't know! The best way to know is trying! If your PC crashs with the F60s try the FA1 or F3.

0 Likes
andref24
Adept II

You can use Gigabyte Aorus Engine application (available to download from Gigabyte website). Once you have installed application, open it and just click on settings icon on the top then go to VGA tab. There should be BIOS VER. If you currently have F60 then flash F61, if F1 flash F3 etc.

The current VBIOS version is shown in AMDVbFlash flash tool as well - you will need it probably to update your VBIOS.