Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Poetheus
Adept I

Rx 5600 xt Driver Problems after reboot

Hello everybody,

I have searched the forum already and haven't found anything that fits my problem exactly yet. 

I recently bought an Rx 5600 xt (ASRock Challenger Pro) and seem to have trouble with the drivers on windows 10. Most of the times after starting the PC, every game will crash on start - sometimes during loading screen, start screen or intro, but never further. Re-Installing the driver and rebooting fixes this problem most of the time and everything runs smoothly afterwards, at least for a few hours (longest I been able to test). When I start the PC again the next day, the problem occurs again. Sometimes the colours of my screen seem to change according to the error between a more witheish or slightliy yellowish tone. 

I am pretty sure that it's a software (driver) problem, because I have no problems at all on my ubuntu OS. 

What I tried: 

-Installing variuos different drivers with and without adrenaline 2020 

-virus-check

-All Windows-Updates

-Update Motherboard Bios 

-Different settings of Adrenaline 2020 

-Checking VBios (It was the newest available version at buying)

Set-Up: 

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz 

GPU: RX 5600 XT ASRock Challenger Pro 

RAM: 16 GB 

Netzteil: 650 Watt be quiet! Power Zone Modular 80+ Bronze

Any more ideas what I could try?

0 Likes
5 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

check your SSDs and HDDs for defects (also check SMART)

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes

Thanks for the idea. HDD seems to be okay, SMART is "good" regarding to CrystalDiskInfo, no critical values. chkdsk also finds nothing. 

0 Likes
5600xt
Journeyman III

Same issue here with the same card.

0 Likes

Let me know if you find a solution. So far reinstalling the driver every session seems to be a workaround, but I don't want to do this forever :D Tested it more extensively today - after the reinstallation I can play without any issues until next shutdown. 

0 Likes

Some more details due to more extensive testing yesterday:

-AC odyssey benchmark crashes every time in ultra, sometimes in very high

-the 'reinstall driver and reboot' solution does not work every time

-underclocking has no signifikant effect on stability

-windows game mode on/off makes no difference

-System file checker finds nothing

-fast boot deactivation does not solve it

Most stable till now is the last recommended driver, installed without adrenaline. But not really 'stable'. Any more ideas? Otherwise I will probably send it back and switch back to Nvidia. ):

0 Likes