Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Luxx_T
Journeyman III

RX 5600 XT crashing

Hi,

I just bought an RX 5600 XT and it keeps crashing and I see the following message "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored." After checking the Event Viewer I saw the following error "Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I have done the following:

-update bios

-update chipset

-reinstall windows

-update windows

-clean-install the GPU drivers

-update GPU drivers

-uninstall MSI Afterburner

-ran FurMark without crashing

-stop fast boot

I want to know whether I have a faulty graphics card or whether I am missing something. This has happened to me on Fortnite, Watchdogs and now on Cyberpunk 2077. I would really appreciate if you'd help since I have no other ideas about what could cause the problem. 

0 Likes
2 Replies

Usually stability is power or cooling related or both. You can try a more aggressive fan curve that kicks the fans up higher sooner. You can also raise the power limit slider in Radeon Settings/Performance/Tuning to its maximum and see if that helps. 

If that doesn't help alone you can try and decrease the clock speed a little on the card by 100hz or so at a time to see if that helps. 

Search the forums, lots of different advice on what people say helps. 

If none of it helps to your satisfaction, talk to the support department of who made you card about options. 

0 Likes

Thanks so much for the reply! Apparently the majority of AMD graphics cards come boosted and that was the exact problem I encountered. I have a 75hz screen so the graphics card was at 1750 mhz in idle. I tuned down the hz on my screen and not I've had no more crashes since the change. 

0 Likes