Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

oliverjames07
Journeyman III

Rx 5600 Problem

Hello,
In gaming (Dota 2, Valorant, and others), RX 5600 XT disables itself after a while. I have already reinstalled Windows twice, updated Graphic Drivers, checked the cable, and checked the monitor
There is someone with the same problem as me with the EXACT SAME monitor with the "Out of Range" problem in post, but after posting it will work.
Is there anyone who can help me? Do you have any suggestions for solutions?

Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
B450M Mortar Max
2x8 3200 MHz GB TeamGroup RAM
RX 5600 XT

0 Likes
1 Reply
MADZyren
Paragon

Good thing you already checked cables, but did you also check that there are two GPU cables connected to PSU and GPU and not just one cable starting from PSU and split into two which connect to GPU as this kind of 'daisy chaining' is not a good option and can cause issues.

Next question would be your PSU's brand, model, wattage and age.

Also try switching monitor cable to a different port in GPU and monitor and perhaps try with DP or DVI cable for testing.

Have you kept an eye on GPU's temps in case there is something wrong with the cooler?

I would also unplug GPU and reseat it to make sure, it is properly installed.

Then you could try with Smart Access Memory enabled and disabled and consider updating BIOS.

Maybe try connecting PC to another monitor or television for testing, if symptoms disappear.

You could also try Windows power saving settings - PCI Express -> Link State Power Management -> turn off

Some people have issues with Windows 11 updateing driver by itself. There is a fix for that too.

0 Likes