Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: RX 560 power limit

Jump to solution

So what are you wanting me to prove? There is actually a pretty big difference in the Black addition cards. The cooling and clocks are much better than reference. Plus when you find the right clock speed that meshes with the right memory speed you would be amazed what a difference that makes. No it's not 1080 ti speed and it's also 800 cheaper! It also has me gaming around 60 fps maxed at 1440p not sure why that is a problem for you. Unless you have a monitor that makes use of higher frames (I don't) the rest is waste, and waste of money. IMHO I will by another card in a year or two and still spend less.

You might like to see this video, showing another gaming no issue at 1440p ultra as well on RX580. There are numerous reviews showing this too, google is your friend. Unless it's just your goal to disagree, then that's fine too, your always entitled to your opinion. I will just stick to facts.

1440p Gaming for $230?! Hands on with the new RX 580! - YouTube

From PC World

Best 1440p graphics card

Editor’s note: We don’t recommend any of these cards at the moment, as they’re all selling for nearly twice suggested pricing in today’s wildly astronomical graphics card market. Consider a holdover budget graphics card instead, or read PCWorld’s guide on how to keep gaming in the coin mining era.

As we said in the previous section, the Radeon RX 580 and 6GB GTX 1060 are fine options for a decent 1440p/High gaming experience

From TrustedReviews

AMD Radeon RX 580

4 of 9

Score

Key features:

• 8GB or 4GB of GDDR5 memory
  • Same GPU as RX 480
  • Full HD and 1440p gaming
  • Review price: £270
  • PRICE CURRENTLY INFLATED

A minor update to the RX 480, the 580 is the new graphics card of choice for those with a budget of between £190 and £220. It’ll play the latest games at maximum

0 Kudos
brucer
Forerunner
Forerunner

Jump to solution

lol..

you said, and this is a copy and paste..

Good to see that 5914 score as my i7 7700k I get a 5876 with my RX 580 8gb. Right in the same ball park as your 1080 ti. I'm not overclocked either. I wish they had a 1440 benchmark as that is what my monitor is but it jumps to 4k. Thanks for the shared results, made me feel good.

huge difference there bro..

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Sorry I must have typo on the 5 meant a 2 obviously a RX 580 isn't scoring almost 6000. When saying what I said was that I was in the ball park of the 60 fps mark. Which is plenty for me. I also reiterated this in many other posts.  A 1080 ti wouldn't benefit me much, as I wouldn't see it. For the price I'm more than happy. Your the one sayings I can't be gaming at 1440p, when I most certainly am, and highest setting in every game I have. Granted the most demanding games I have are BF1, Battlefront 2 and ROTTR. But all play just fine, and look amazing. I literally have hundreds of games and every one plays maxed. So while I might not game at your specifications, it is still very playable by most peoples standards. So yah I found you saying I cant be playing on extreme or 1440p rediculouos. As so many other people are too. Sorry your RX 480 was that much worse, and while I realize that essentially the chip is the same, they upped the power greatly, clocked way higher, faster memory and better cooling. Not to mention the benefit of evolved drivers = way better performance. Battlefield 1 runs the gpu at 100% to stay mostly in the low mid 50's to 60's so I don't see this card lasting the years at the top like my HD7950 did but it absolutely is fine right now. Likely I can by an upper mid level card a year or 2 from now and still not have spent the money it takes to buy a 1080ti (I realize you didn't spend that either, lucky).

0 Kudos
plumboby
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

not really I agree whole heartly with pokester hes on the $ for whats hes said. Its why I went the RX560 route as I wont be upgrading for a few years & with craptel Crapvidia issues I wont be touching either those brands in the next few years when you see the way the prices have bottomed out from craptel atm happy I am going AMD apu in the next 6 months or so when they come back into stock. Your OS controls alot of the power usage to not with the tools. I run my CPU & Videocard at full Utilization without that much extra heat generatio or power usage & under load doesn't throttle like your saying Brucer. Havnt found the throttling point of my old pig yet or even the card yet. I manually adjust to suit games to work specified playing running. Most Nvidia cards throttle back way more than AMD cards to I got proof of it shown by a few people in some private dropbox  video recording I have seen far more than any AMD cards to date. From a gaming perspective The AMD RX range is the way to go for price quality & graphics options are more readily avalible without need or any 3rd party crapware tools alot here like to use. I dont use any 3rd party crapware & happy not to & wont ever. AMD software is far beyond what I expected & is great for video recording & many other feature you cant get precise with 3rd party carpware. Been down that road & had a few IT pros who been in the industry for a long time the same as me wont touch them. Learning the console commands & commands for the Software is key knowing your system & it limitations & making sure your hardware is above or better than recommended is key. You dont need new gen CPUs to do most stuff gaming wise. I am on tight budgets & AMD works & exceeds expectations. Knowing how to unlock you OS with 10 is easy & Motherboards is key to get your cards running to there full potiential. If your dumb enough to link state your PCIE to your videocard you will run into problems down then line if you wanna really tap it out. I Don't run any form or power savings feature & wont & dont intend to either on anything on my builds. I dont notice it on any of my stepsons builds even on crapvidia cards its why they dont & wont throttle as I disable anything like that from day 1 as they are left running 24/7. I pay a power bill & dont notice it jump or spike I find its more effiecient to diable all the crapware or delete it from the system as it will casue issues in time. I havnt had anything go down & everything is on 10 PRO auto updates on without 1 hint off issues OS all installed on SSDs. 1 key trick in power plans is to disable any power saving to your harddrives none of mine have a chance to sleep makes a huge diffrence for responsiveness as well as mitigating the Display drivers from AMD or Crapvidia throttling back the cards. DOne some testing in depth with all of them as I built them. A lot of things are a myth I go of real world testing with games & tasks i do I dont use benchmarks as most of them are bias crocks of crap biased more towards Craptel Crapvidia builds. Hence I go with a tendancy to go the opposite way of building with my own in depth real world tests vidoes as well as a in depth run. Brucy you can brag how good you build is on your benchmarks but when it comes to real world it doesn't always stack up considering the Craptel meltdown spectere issues are due for another round or 2 yet even with Crapvidia cards which publicly hasnt been released crapvidia has locked the forums & from insiders is a known issue crapvidia is keeping the lid on as much as possible. I havnt got the wallet you got Brucy & cant justify spends thousands on a build like your to be outdated in 6 months easily without the support. Its why when I upgrade next I am going 2nd Gen Ryzen as the AM4 board has support for the next few years for options of newer Ryzen processors which Craptel wont ever do. ITs why now I am supporting the Re team products are much better quality more superior & going 7nm within year or 2 why go backwards with $ hungry conglomerants who only care about the $ not the consumer where at least AMD does care.

0 Kudos
handsomefox
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

I will just say what I've got from my own research here.

The card doesn't power throttle in any games I've tested, it always runs highest freqs without issues on stock core clocks.

I guess power throttling could appear only with overclock and on this point I will close out this issue.

This applies to only my own RX560 and I understand that it could be different on something like rx580.

Thanks for participating in the thread.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

MODERATOR NOTE:  I am glad to see you have resolved your issue. To help keep this post on topic and help other with a similar issue, I am locking this thread.

0 Kudos