cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Bacchin
Adept I

RX 5500XT for unprofessional video edition

I'm setting up a computer for non-professional video editing (some videos for Youtube, and others for my hobby), and I thought about installing a 5500XT 8GB RAM card.

I know there are better cards, but since the use is unprofessional, would this card meet my needs for using programs like Vegas Pro and Corel Draw? I mean, would they run these programs without any problems? For example, excluding the time when the videos are rendered, is the use of the program and previews influenced if the card is a 5500XT or 6800XT? Does the on-screen display suffer any improvement due to the difference in processing between them or not?

Would it be possible to use two monitors simultaneously, one with 1440p resolution and the other with 1080p, running videos at 120 fps?

0 Likes
1 Solution

It would run any of those fine. With the Video editing it depends on any plugins you run. Many heavily favor Cuda. So the answer is it depends on what software you will end up using. As a casual once in a while users I doubt it would be a big issue one way or the other. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It would run any of those fine. With the Video editing it depends on any plugins you run. Many heavily favor Cuda. So the answer is it depends on what software you will end up using. As a casual once in a while users I doubt it would be a big issue one way or the other.