cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

NiñoFortnite
Journeyman III

RX 5500 XT Junction temperature

Good day to everyone, I have a little problem with my GPU, which is a RX5500 XT 8GB from MSI, thing is that when i play some games like Tomb Raider: Rise of the tomb raider or GTA V mi junction temperature is extremely high, my gpu temp is like 67 - 75 °C while my junction temperature is like 100-105°C  and of course the gpu fans are pretty loud when i play. Curiously it did not happen before like I used to play gta v and the fans never made a little sound but now they sound a lot this happened like 6 months ago, suddenly one day it started happening in some games. I dont know what to do and I am afraid than my gpu might have some thermal paste problems maybe?

0 Likes
7 Replies

Well 105c is almost reaching the Maximum Operating Temperature for the GPU hot spot (Junction Temperature) of 110c.

The 5000 & 6000 series GPU cards are engineered to work up to 110c Junction Temperatures (Hot Spot) before it starts to automatically throttle or slow down to keep the Hot spots at 110c or cooler.

The GPU cards have numerous Thermal sensors throughout the GPU card to measure Junction Temperatures. Any of those Junction Temperature reaches 110c the GPU will throttle automatically.

Check that your GPU card fan and  heat sink are not dirty or full of dust which might prevent good air flow inside the GPU card.

Also check that you have good air flow inside your Computer case.

If the GPU card is fairly new the thermal paste and pads should be good unless the thermal paste was defective and went bad sooner than it should have.

I would open a MSI Support ticket if it starts overheating constantly over 110c. You might void the MSI Warranty if you try to change the Thermal paste or pads by yourself. just guessing though.

buenas!, pasaba a comentar que tengo un problema similar en mi rx5500xt 4gb OC de gigabyte, cuando el sensor de hotspot llega a 80-85 grados aproximadamente la grafica se apaga, y no doy con el problema, se supone que puede llegar hasta los 110c 

ya probe actualizando la BIOS y probando varias versiones de drivers pero no doy con el problema

0 Likes

Needed to translate your post with my Browser Translator.

Are you saying when your RX500XT reaches around 80-85C the PC shuts down or the GPU crashes and loses video output?

Try stress testing your GPU card using OCCT  CPU, GPU, and PSU Stress test. Check on what the temperatures for both the CPU and GPU are under loads.

When running any of the 3 tests is see if either tests stops automatically or your PC crashes or shuts down by itself.

While running any of the test keep an eye on Temperatures, Fan Speeds, and PSU Outputs.

I would open a Gigabyte Support ticket to find out why your GPU  card is throttling or crashing or shutting down at such a low temperature below 110c. See what they recommend.

Possibly it could be a GPU vBIOS issue but just guessing.

0 Likes

Exactamente, al llegar a los 80-85 grados la GPU deja de dar video, actualice la BIOS pero el problema persiste, el problema no es el CPU ya que sus temperaturas son bajas

La PSU es nueva y es de 650w, lo que no deberia de ser un problema

temporalmente lo solucione subiendo la curva de ventilacion manualmente, haciendo que el HOTSPOT no supere los 75c

Gracias por la atencion

0 Likes

I would open a Support ticket for your GPU card and see what they suggest. The GPU losing video around the low to mid 80c I don't believe is normal. It should output video up to at least 110c it Maximum Operating Temperature.

Unless the Manufacturer of the GPU card put some sort of Temperature limit in the vBIOS or GPU card. That why I suggest you open a Support ticket and ask them.

Please translate your next reply into English since this is an English Only forum.

0 Likes

I've seen the same gpu model go quietly to 90c hotspot, that's why it seems strange to me, I'll talk to gigabyte support, by bios the graphics limit to 110c hotspot

CedricZCKT
Journeyman III

0 Likes