Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

strifept
Journeyman III

rx 480 - WoW: Legion

Hello.

Just today i bought myself a Sapphire nitro 4GB version of the 480 and i'm getting huge fps issues on WoW: Legion. The issue is 100% the graphics card, as i was having better FPS with an R9 270x, which makes no sense.

my specs are:

Windows 10 64-bit

CPU: Intel I5 4460 @3.20 ghz
GPU: RX 480 Nitro 4GB OC
4 Gb ram

Crimson driver version 16.8.3 (recommended from the amd app)

I've tried:
Rolling back to older driver versions.
Fully reinstalling the drivers using DDU.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I just noticed my GPU is running at half the GHZ, so that might be it. Can someone help me?

Edit 2: Added a dxdiag

0 Kudos
15 Replies
derrickgott007
Miniboss

Re: rx 480 - WoW: Legion

Update your driver to the newest one for the RX480..... 16.8.3   You are a few updates behind

0 Kudos
strifept
Journeyman III

Already did, did not work.

0 Kudos
redhen256
Adept II

What are your temperatures in game? have you set up Wattman to allow for more power to the card when its needed? How low is your fps?

0 Kudos
strifept
Journeyman III

arround 60-70 never more.

I'm getting 35 ish in Dalaran (populated city) and a bit more outside, like 55-ish. When particle intensive efects show up my fps's literally drop to like 5

0 Kudos
redhen256
Adept II

My friend with a brand new 1070 gets like 35 in stormwind so that is not too too bad. going down to 5 fps however is another story. Are you using 2 monitors or one? I noticed on mine when I switched between windowed full screen and just full screen, there was a difference in fps and choppiness. 

0 Kudos
strifept
Journeyman III

Only one, and it happens with certain effects only, but i believe that might be a game related issue, multiple people have been reporting it.

0 Kudos
dcmbalthazar
Journeyman III

My problem is similar, but my hardware is different.

Windows 10 64Bits

AMD A10 7850

Gigabyte gigabyte f2a78m-d3h

16 GB RAM DDR3 2133 Corsair (2x8)

running on a SSD disc

I formatted my PC and installed latest version of crimson, and tried to change wattman configuration.

I need help too.

thanks

0 Kudos
redhen256
Adept II

That could def be. I changed my AA settings yesterday and it brought up my fps by a significant portion.

0 Kudos
dcmbalthazar
Journeyman III

I even turned it off and in my case it  doesn't make significant difference...

0 Kudos