Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

uranne
Journeyman III

RX 480 screen connected via DisplayPort black

Bonjour

J'ai une RX 480 de chez sapphire depuis 2105. Elle est branché sur deux écrans, un en HDMI, l'autre en display port avec un adaptateur hdmi. Depuis une heure, l'écran branché en display port me donne un écran noir. L'écran reconnait qu'il y a une source active branché, le pc reconnait qu'il y a deux écrans. Petite info supplémentaire, j'ai mis à jour mes drivers récemment. Avant d'écrire ici, j'ai essayé de mettre à jour le pilote à nouveau, on ne sait jamais, en utilisant l'outil AMD, sans succès.

L'écran reste noir quelque soit la sortie Display port branché.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Is your DP-HDMI adapter an "Active" or "Passive" adapter?

IF passive try using an Active DP-HDMI adapter and see if you get video output to the monitor. Also make sure your monitor settings are correct as far a Resolution and Video input.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable just to eliminate a bad cable?

Try connecting a Monitor with a DisplayPort Input and see if you still get the black video output. Thus eliminating the adapter as a possible reason.

Does Windows Device Manager show any errors or Yellow Exclamation marks?

How do you have Windows Display configured for both Monitors?  Extended or Duplicate?  Recommended Resolution?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Is your DP-HDMI adapter an "Active" or "Passive" adapter?

IF passive try using an Active DP-HDMI adapter and see if you get video output to the monitor. Also make sure your monitor settings are correct as far a Resolution and Video input.

Have you tried a different HDMI cable just to eliminate a bad cable?

Try connecting a Monitor with a DisplayPort Input and see if you still get the black video output. Thus eliminating the adapter as a possible reason.

Does Windows Device Manager show any errors or Yellow Exclamation marks?

How do you have Windows Display configured for both Monitors?  Extended or Duplicate?  Recommended Resolution?

0 Likes
uranne
Journeyman III

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, It took time to test my adapter. The adapter seems passive, it doesn't have battery or cable.

The adapter was broken, I change it to a new one and my screen is here again !

Thank you for your answer and implication.