Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

wiak
Adept II
Adept II

Re: RX 480 Random Black Screen on Idle Desktop

i got the same problem on a RX 460 connected via HDMI 2.0 4k60@YCbCr444, the Crimson 16.7.3 WHQL drivers seem to be working fine but 16.12.2 is blacking out and giving "mode not supported" on driver install

see below for my comment on /r/amd

nwgat comments on December Tech Support Megathread

0 Kudos
mr3m
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hi

I have Asus rog strix oc Strix 8gb and only promblam i have when i play CS:GO than i exit it black screen coming

0 Kudos
apollojs
Adept I
Adept I

@mr3m. - I have exactly the same card. Had exactly the same issues.

please follow this guide below. this worked for me. it's a driver issue between amd and window.

in the link, it will show you how install the ati drivers. follow the exact method and you should be ok. don't even have to go back to old driver.

i'm using the latest drivers with now problems at all.

@Everybody, here try this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2PA2NGOc-A

0 Kudos
romie
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The Random Blank Screen happened to my HIS R7 360, my Sapphire HD 7730, and my HD 5770 will never work on windows 10. already asking on troubleshooting or whatever it is support thing on amd site.. no answer no solution.. i buy HIS R7 360 on march 2016.. i always update my driver, change my PSU to corsair vs450 (i buy 7 of this for my dualcore and hd5670,and all of the product i got, really suck one by one going down in a week.. the store really suck on the after sales service.. i scold them, the store offer me a full refund.. i take it in a blink of eye.. now i use seasonic x850, change my MoBO, and guess what ? i still got that RANDOM BLACK SCREEN.. WELL DONE.. YOU DO A GOOD JOB WITH YOUR GRAPHIC CARD.. AT LAST THIS FEATURE INCLUDED IN YOUR NEWEST PRODUCT..  I REALLY PROUD OF IT.. KEEP IT UP..

in my case its happened on hdmi port.. i connect it to my samsung ju7500... yeah this amd feature RANDOM BLANK SCREEN really awesome..

i return the product.. at jan2017, i gave up.. cant have any solution.. and now i read this awesome thread.. yeah they replaced it with new product.. but i guess I WILL GOT MORE BLANK SCREEN FEATURE FROM AMD... why i have so many amd card ? but at least i have many friend out there.. hahaha

0 Kudos
halcyon
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Just bought the Sapphire 480

Running 16.6

Windows 10

When my screen goes into standby, I have to physically turn the screen off in order to get it to come back on.

Its an annoyance.

Already having buyer's regret. Never bought a Radeon card for me. Been an NVidia buyer since the Riva 128.

0 Kudos
hyevltg3
Adept II
Adept II

Why are you on 16.6 when the latest drivers are 17.2 ....and iirc 16.7.2 is when the 480 began to be supported (in the drivers) so its no wonder you're having issues. I have TWO sapphire in CF and have no noticed any issues because I know how to install drivers.

So stop your whining, uninstall drivers using DDU and then reinstall 17.2 please before you blame an entire market because of your lack of installation knowledge.

Dont just give up before trying all options, you probably had a luck with Nvidia and all those first-time's the charm--installs that you've forgotten but on both NV and AMD theres a slew of people that complain about driver issues.

0 Kudos
romie
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

this thread started at august.2016, at that moment the latest driver are 16.7.2 maybe, of course we cannot download 17.2 yet, at august.2016.

are you using hdmi port for your display ? and using windows10 ? with 4k premium cable(i use amber) ?

of course now, i already used the most updated driver, but the problem still there..

0 Kudos
max0x7ba
Adept III
Adept III

Same issue with 290X. Again, ClockBlocker work-around fixes it.

amdmatt​ Are you guys going to fix this Crimson bug?

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

We've reproduced this issue and it is currently under investigation.

amd_fan
Adept I
Adept I

amdmatt Take a look at this topic: RX 470 gives random black screens and BSOD's

Do you have this under investigation? Is it the same problem (it seems related)?

0 Kudos