Seagate 2TB + 500GB HDDs

Enermax Triatlor Eco 550W semimodular

Coolermaster Nepton 240m

Win 10 Pro 1803

before:

Powercolor HD7870

before:

FX 8350 RX460 etc..

So as you can see, my system is optimized for videoediting, and that works fine. But from time to time, I also want to play Farming Simulator 15, Euro Truck Simulator 2 and Spintires.. all not that graphic-intense.. they worked fine with my FX system and later with my Ryzen + HD 7870.. fps never dropped below 30. Btw.. you can see the euphoric me finally upgrading with this Ryzen system some weeks ago: HighEnd Videoschnitt-PC selber bauen | Ryzen 7 | Wasserkühlung | Fractal Design - YouTube

However, about two weeks ago I finally had the money to upgrade to a RX480. 4 times the VRam of the HD7870 and overall better performance.. I hoped to get. But no, I dident. Why.. I still don´t know, I was searching the internet for about 16 hours, having support with the AMD-team, an IT-friend.. Here is what I did:

When upgrading to Ryzen, I did a clean install of win 10 and all the drivers, graphics driver was the latest of AMDs website.

Support suggested to try several other options of drivers and settings

3D-Marks and userbenchmarks results are the same as of other RX480s

Powerlimit is at +50

same problems in other PCIe slot, 3.0x16 works

ingame, clock stays at 1338/2000MHz, temps at 70°C

No other problems as bluescreens at all!

But why do I get only about 30 fps in FS15, 15 in ETS2 and 40 in Spintires, whilst I got 40/45/60 with the HD7870?

To make sure the VRAM is fine, I tried Notruf 112, there about 6 GB were full and no even deeper drops in clocks/fps, but also there much lower fps than the HD7870.

No other Programs were open in the background.

Since I don´t get warranty (its already two years and three weeks old) I really whould be happy if you could help me solving that problem; if you need further information, I`ll provide :-)

And sorry about my bad Englisch, I´m from Bavaria.

Greetings,

Lugge

THANKS FOR ANY HELP! :-)

0 Likes
1 Reply
dalugge
Journeyman III

Well, I tried 3D Mark time spy once again and found out that I messed up with time spy and time spy extreme... i got about 4300 points in time spy but compared it to <4000 in time spy extreme... so i looked out for a bench sample of another RX480 in time spy, and... it got about 7600 points there, whilst mine only got 4300.. so something definitly is wrong.

My RX480: AMD Radeon RX 480 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 1700,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME B350-PL...

another one: AMD Radeon RX 480 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 7 1700,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. PRIME X370-PR...

Any ideas yet? :-)

da Lugge

0 Likes