Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

hardytop
Adept I

Re: RX 480 crash

Hello,

i am from Germany. Sorry for my worse english writing.

I have the same Problem here. I bought a new standard Saphire AMD Radeon RX480 8GB video card. I have the newest driver version and only standard amd settings.

Only World of Tanks freezes or crashes cause the display driver stopped. This happends sometimes after 1 hour or sometimes already after 3 minutes. All other games i played are running absolutly nice.

Many people have this problem with WOT and the Radeon rx480. I did not found any work arround to fix this problem and i tried a lot of things.

My System:

Mainboard ASROCK Z97 Killer

CPU: i5 4690K

RAM: 16 GB DDR3

Video Card: Saphire Raseon rx480 8GB - Driver 16.7.2

Windows 10 - 64bit on Samsung SSD 250 GB Harddisk

Full HD Samung Monitor

Nothing is overclocked. I have only Standard settings.

All Hardwaredrivers are the latest on my system.

Is this problem known by AMD and are the engineers workling on a better new driver?

I really think about to give back this card and getting a Nvidia card (gtx 970 or gtx980).

Hope someone will answer to me.

Thx

0 Likes
karlo_slika
Adept I

Try this. Start and open game on sd client and safe mode without any instal mod... On this metode i play maybe 10 battle and no crash. When I returned to hd client and normaly start game after 15 min i got crash... just try this metode...

0 Likes
hardytop
Adept I

Hi Karlo,

Thank you very much  for the work arround. I have tried the sd client with the safe mode. Youre right, this works really and the driver didnt crash. But i bought the Radeon rx480 not to play games in SD mode, when there is a HD mode. And i want use Mods in WOT. So, the safe mode is no option for me.

Sorry AMD, I gave back the card.

0 Likes
karlo_slika
Adept I

I'm glad that I helped. I will wait for more to be a little better optimize.... because this videocard rx 480 to me personally shown in other games very well except in the world of tanks

0 Likes
hanswurst
Adept I

Sry for my bad englisch, i am german.

here the same...world of tanks chrash with my rx480 many times!

sytem:

i5 3570k non oc

450w bequit

rx 480 ref from sapphire at 16.7.2 whql non oc

0 Likes
loydre74
Adept II

I too could not wait around for a fix.  Granted one game but i still I exchanged and then upgraded to the gtx 1070 from MSI

0 Likes
heavy2beat
Journeyman III

Hi,

i ve got the same problem here. Driver is crashing while playing World of Tanks. Sometimes in the first round, sometimes later, sometimes several times. That is very annoying

No problem in any other game.

System:

CPU i5 3570k

Board: MSI Z77A G43

Ram 16 GB

Win 10 64 bit

Sapphire RX 480 8GB

Crimson 16.7.2

Never had these Problems with my vtx3d 7950 boost..

0 Likes
karlo_slika
Adept I

As far as I know World of tanks whit Rx 480 you can play in sd client and on safe mod without any mod... so to me if a play on hd crash after 1 hour on sd client no crash now why the game can be played at maximum i dont know...

0 Likes
hanswurst
Adept I

Ok, no answer from amd to this problem, nothing! thats not good. ok, i also change to 1070, with that Card i can play games! no more amd!

0 Likes
hardytop
Adept I

Hi all.

All Problems are Fixed with new Driver 16.7.3.

Thank you AMD. Good Work. Now the RX 480 is a very good card :-).