cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

erasedandroid
Journeyman III

RX 480 Artifacts whenever rendering/ shop where I bought it says it's the power supply

System specs:

intel i5 6400

MSI B150 mortar motherboard

EVGA 600W white 80 plus

8GB RAM HyperX

Sapphire nitro+ RX 480 8GB

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I got this graphics card and used it about 2 days without a problem, it worked wonderfully. After these 2 days I launched World of Tanks and got a blue screen and I got the message "DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED" so after troubleshooting without success i contacted the shop where I bought it, they claimed that my power supply didn't had enough amperage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuKUeoo3byM

this is what happens every time i push my graphics card

0 Likes
4 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

Re: RX 480 Artifacts whenever rendering/ shop where I bought it says it's the power supply

Some basics...

Did you remove all of the old drivers before you installed the new RX480?

(if not, use DDU in safe mode to remove all old drivers)

Windows power plan needs to be set to "Performance".

Turn off all power savings features.

Your PSU should be fine, it has 49amps, but you may want to check it to be sure. 

0 Likes
erasedandroid
Journeyman III

Re: RX 480 Artifacts whenever rendering/ shop where I bought it says it's the power supply

I removed old drivers with DDU and installed different versions of drivers

I haven't tried out the permormance profile but I remember setting it up in permormance a while ago, I'll check it out anyways

I don't think it's a malfunction of the PSU because I tried it out in another system and I had the same issue

0 Likes
erasedandroid
Journeyman III

Power options is not the issue, I changed it to be focused on performance and it has the same issue

0 Likes
arcticwind
Forerunner

If you can, try the GPU in another computer, if you get the same results the card is going bad.

0 Likes