Hello. New here.

So my rig is:

Msi gaming x RX 480 8GB

Ryzen 5 2600 X

Corsair Vengeance pro 2x16 GB

Asus rog strix b450f gaming

Coolmax 1000watt psu

2k screen.

I'm playng Black Desert online right now and problems appeared in this game. When there was intense graphics(mass fights, boss fights with tons of people) my screen would just go black with message "Power save mode", all fans go to max rpm and thats it, nothing happened then. Only solution was to hard reset. I tried auto overcloacking gpu from AMD software, manuall settings, clean OS and driver installs. But it crashed on game and on stress tests (furmark, occt). I tried another psu (fully tested and working one) and appeared not to be my psu's fault. I tried manually setting +50% power from AMD software (saw suggestion on this forum) but nothing helps. What can I try? Is my GPU dying?

0 Likes
10 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Your graphics card is an OC version. AMD RX 480 GPU has 1266 Mhz and 1150 mV values. I think there may be improvement if you apply these values with WattMan. I also suggest that you do not change video memory values or power limit value with WattMan.

0 Likes

Like this? Have I set them correctly?Capture.PNG

0 Likes

Yes. You have applied the most stable values. I recommend that not change VRAM or power limit values.

0 Likes

Furmark crashed it again. Vram and power options are default.

0 Likes

Have you tried an old driver? Have you installed a clean driver with DDU? (with using Windows safe mode.)

0 Likes

I have latest driver. Had this issue with previous driver. Which driver should I try? I've installed driver with DDU.

0 Likes

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-18-3-4 

I have used this driver for months with ASUS ROG Strix RX 480 8GB and had no problems. With this driver you can test how stable the GPU is. It is a very old driver and if it offers improvement, you can try a higher version.

I have the Sapphire version of the RX 480 8GB and I am using 20.2.2 fine on my rig with a clean install of windows 10

0 Likes
elyos
Adept I

I decreased power limit with -15%, gpu frequency with -15% too and vram from 2000 to 1900. Now it is stable. 

restore the power limit and see if the card is stable

0 Likes