cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: rx 480 8 gb white screen in NieR Automata.

Same problems here, Win10 x64,16Gb,RX480 8Gb, ReLive 17.3.2 - game crash with white screen. I assume its no use to update to 17.3.3, i will get BSOD instead white screen, just great -_-  Seriously, its such a shame, when huge hardware vendor like AMD can`t  work together with major publisher like Square Enix, so their users can play games with most actual hardware (RX480) just after sales start and not weeks or even months after!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

they just announced that they are aware of the problems and that they are gonna update the game for PC soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

they just announced that they are aware of the problems and that they are gonna update the game for PC soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Does anyone know if this was fixed/updated by Platinum Games?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

There has been no patch to the game from the publisher, and none of the AMD driver updates since have even mentioned it. Some people have reported on the Steam Discussion that the latest drivers supporting RX 580 fixed it, others have claimed it made no difference. The only reliable driver at this point seems to be 16.11.5, which is what I used to complete the game.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

Is it only the RX 480 that is affected by this? I'm thinking of getting this game and I have an R9 Fury.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Mostly the RX 4xx series (though there have been limited reports of other Radeon and GeForce users having the same problems). My wife has an R9 290X and had no problems at all with current drivers. My recommendation is this: Buy the game, because it's great. Play it. If you get the white screen of death before you get to the city ruins, then get a Steam Refund on it. If you can make it to the city ruins, you are unlikely to have problems.