cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gaboros
Adept I

RX 470 no signal on Philips TV

I have connected my RX 470 via HDMI on my Philips TV but it's just say no signal and nothing happens. The sounds stop on my PC but that's all. The cable works for sure, no issue on my laptop. One time it worked for about 5 minutes but than disconnected and nothing.

0 Likes
1 Solution
gaboros
Adept I

Seems like desktop extend mode with 30 Hz working but nothing else.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
amplighter
Adept III

Locate the comparable monitors for use with AMD video cards here:

Freesync Monitors | AMD

If your monitor is not listed, try a different port. Common ports for use with these monitors is the display port & HDMI port. Always make sure that the display cable as well as the HDMI cable are current and up to date based on the current AMD software version.

0 Likes

It worked on time for a short time but nothing now just no signal... I can't believe it's not working just like this... no issue on my laptop...

0 Likes
gdgamer
Adept I

Sounds like you need to set the resolution and/or refresh rate to what the TV can handle. You don't need a freesync monitor. It should work with your tv. And just because you're using a HDMI cable that works for one thing, doesn't mean it will work for higher resolutions/refresh rates. Keep that in mind. You may need a better cable, depending on what your cable is rated and what your resolution/refresh rate is.

0 Likes

No issue with the cable. It's just works fine on my laptop which is cheaper than this card... it's seriously a joke.

I have set up the refresh rate and the resolution but nothing. The radeon controll panels show the TV but no screen at all. As I said it worked for 5 minutes and stopped.

0 Likes

Is your laptop putting out the same resolution/refresh rate as your computer, to the tv?

0 Likes

Yes. 1920x1080 59 hz. Nothing special. Just plug it and it's work.

0 Likes

Just to make sure, which device is using that resolution/rr? Laptop, desktop, or both?

0 Likes

Both does this by default and no issue with my laptop. The radeon does nothing except it's turns off the PC sound. According to the radeon controll panel the TV refresh rate is 24 hz not 59 but it doesn't matter if I change it or not. Nor 24 or 59 work on my PC while both does with my laptop.

0 Likes

What version of HDMI does that tv support? What is the model number?

0 Likes

It's supports HDMI 2.0. The TV is 43PFS4112/12. But why does this matters at all? No issue at all with my android TV box or with my laptop with the same cable which not works with the PC. It's clearly AMD-s fault. I think the solution is switch to NVidia. I feed up with AMD. Always bugged softwares, freesnyc doesn't works for months now in the latest drivers, heating issues and now this. No more AMD for me that's for sure...

0 Likes
gaboros
Adept I

Seems like desktop extend mode with 30 Hz working but nothing else.

0 Likes