cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

nathw90
Journeyman III

RX 460 Dual Monitor Issue - Problem After Problem!

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

So I recently purchased and installed a Gigabyte Radeon RX 460 2GB card and have been experiencing some incredibly frustrating issues.

First of all the card would crash and switch off when attempting to install the drivers; this happened every time the install hit 19% and rendered the card unresponsive afterwards. In the end that was fixed by fully wiping any traces of software and drivers for the card, entering safe mode and manually navigating through and installing drivers from the CD.

Now that that's been sorted I am having problems trying to run a dual monitor display. When the PC boots up the displays duplicate on each screen (a 4K TV connected via HDMI and my PC monitor connected via DVI), then as soon as Windows boots up the TV screen goes blank and shows a "no input signal" message.

In both Windows and AMD display settings the TV screen is recognised as connected, but it won't display anything. I've also had a couple of times where fiddling with the Radeon settings have caused drivers to crash.

The TV is only 2 weeks old and worked perfectly with my old, NVIDIA graphics card.

This thing has been an absolute nightmare!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grizlod_
Adept III

Re: RX 460 Dual Monitor Issue - Problem After Problem!

Jump to solution

The cables are not all the same, especially HDMI.

Use one certificate, with gold contacts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
grizlod_
Adept III

Jump to solution

The cables are not all the same, especially HDMI.

Use one certificate, with gold contacts.

View solution in original post

nathw90
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response.

I had already tried another HDMI capable, but after reading your message I tried a third and now all is well so thanks again!

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We are glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question. In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported. Please let us know if you have any concerns so that we can determine the next best course of action.