Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

J20Joe
Adept III

RSR Does it actually work?

Hi,

I have a RX 6900 XT (nicely overclocked) with 1440p Monitor and i'm considering upgrading to 4K. 

My question is, would i see an improvement in quality without lack of performance if i upscaled from 1440p to 4k compared to sticking with native 1440p 

or is it worth just getting 4k monitor and going to 4k native?

0 Likes
3 Replies
J20Joe
Adept III

Can anyone help?

0 Likes
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Hi, I'm sorry but I have not seen your post, its so many in a day that its easy to miss it. 

Let me try and help. 

So, you have a 1440p monitor right? Using RSR to get 4K its not gonna cut. Your monitor does not support that resolution. 

Now, if you mean VSR then its different. But thats a feature that ive not tried that much. 

My advice? 

I would stay with 1440p if you are happy with it. I know that 6900XT is meant for 4K but i normally prefer a high fps experience over resolution.

But If you really want and have a great sum of gold burning a hole in your wallet. You can go for a 4K high refresh rate monitor and then use RSR to increase fps.

Good luck 

The Englishman
0 Likes
J20Joe
Adept III

Hi Jonny,

Sorry i may not have explained well enough, i currently have a 1440p and i play native, im wondering if i upgraded to a 4k monitor and set it to 1440p and RSR to 4k will i see a benefit of picture compared to my current set up (native 1440p) and will i see a similar level of performance.

Is this making sense? so basically i want to upgrade quality without losing much performance  

0 Likes