cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

zbiggie
Journeyman III

RMA on 6800

So I have a MSI 6800 gaming x trio. Looking to see if anybody came across a similar issue.

I already started RMA but since it is the holiday's in Canada, nothing is open until Tuesday. I want to see if anyone can think of anything I may have missed.

Either way, here is what had happened.

Bought a card on January 27, when I plugged in the card I was replacing a 5700 xt, the monitors didn't start.

I had to restart a few times, eventually booted in safe mode. I figured I might as well format since there were other system issues. So I backed everything up and formatted. Everything worked fine for about 2 weeks.

Yesterday, Feb 13, The system would load (windows loading circle), but about halfway through the screens would go black. I fixed this by going into safe mode and restarting. This allowed me to get into the login page for my windows account.

Today, Feb 14, again same thing except this time the safe mode didn't help.

I tried to uninstall the drivers. and revert to the November MS approved driver update. that didn't work, during installation it would go black around the 70-80% mark. Again, I could go safe mode but not into regular.

At this point I remounted my RAM (I got a BSOD one time with the message "Memory Management") and moved my video card to the second PCI slot. Again didn't help.

Now I formatted. And you guessed it, no help.

Finally I reinstalled my 960 2g, and so far no issues with it.

Anybody see something like this? What did you do get everything working?

0 Likes
0 Replies