cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

thatnerdgui
Adept I

RMA Clarification Needed

I recently received a series of emails about my GPU RMA with the first couple being about the acceptance and initiation of my replacement. These were followed by a confirmation of the replacement being processed, order confirmation and a FedEx label to return my item. Later that day I received another email saying "We cannot issue a replacement before these instructions are followed" in context to the return of the faulty card. Currently, the order shows as being submitted and as a FedEx shipment. So the question is, is the order processed or not processed, on hold or what exactly?  Is cross shipment something AMD offers or the item isn't shipped until they receive mine sometime next week? I'm sorry if the inquiry, but I only get an email reply like once every 24 hours. 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Are you sending your RMA to the manufacturer of the GPU card (MSI, Asus, Gigabyte, etc.) or Retailer or to AMD Warranty at AMD?

If it is to the Manufacturer or Retailer you need to contact them directly to find out what instructions are not being followed since they are the ones that issues the Warranty on your GPU Card and not AMD.

If it is a AMD RMA, What is the RMA number to the claim. Maybe one of the AMD Moderators can take a look to see what is going on or guide you on what to do.

Is your GPU card a Professional or Consumer GPU Card?

0 Likes

It's a Radeon VII I ordered from AMD website. The Return Reference Number is 6548340401.

0 Likes

Usually after the faulty(?) card is sent, received and checked out for issues.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..