cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Kisper59
Journeyman III

Resolution stuck @ 640x480, crashes, drivers failures, etc...

Hi,

I'm from France, sorry for the grammar errors...

I bought a 6800 xt GPU @ AMD.com online store to replace a defective 780ti on my PC :

- i5 3570k

- 8 gb DDR3

- 850 watts Corsair Gold PSU

I installed the card, installed a fresh windows 10, drivers, update, etc... First surprise : resolution was stuck @ 640x480, i cannot change...

I thought the card was too recent for my old computer, so i decided to upgrade EVERYTHING :

- i9 10850k

- Asrock z590 velocita

- 16 gb DDR

- 850 watts Corsair PLATINIUM PSU

even a new case and new hard drive ... !

I mounted the PC yesterday, fresh windows 10 installation, update, AMD drivers, everything OK... AND after reboot : resolution was stuck @ 640 ! I unpluggued the cable of the monitor, and the resolution was back. I'm trying to play to FarCry New Dawn 10 minutes, it's OK. After that, i wanted to check the setting in AMD Software. By clicking on the icon, a display error appears : "drivers and software are in different versions, please reinstall".
I do it and while the installation, the monitor switched to 640x480... JEEZ ! I turn off the computer... This morning, i turn on the PC, it's seems to be OK... I'm trying to play to Overwatch, i left the game.... AND a BSOD appears : "technical failure". Reboot and the amd software said : "reset of default parameters" (i didn't change anything by the way...)

So what's wrong ? Is the card defective ?

Best regards.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Kisper59
Journeyman III

I changed the Display Port Cable and still the same issue. Next time : trying the PC on other recent monitor.

0 Likes

Ok, issue solved !!!

I uninstalled the recent KB5004945 from windows update (BSOD...)

The monitor seems to have a problem, i try with a recent Asus PG278Q and alllllllllll good

0 Likes