Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pascalts
Adept I

Resolution problem with samsung tv

Hi!

I am using a quite custom setup:

[PC Win 10 x64 with AMD Radeon RX-580] --> HDMI --> [Yamaha RX-V367 AC Reciver] --> HDMI -> [Samsung TU7079 TV]

Problem is, that I am not able to set any resolution but 800x600 pixels - at least when the system ist started. While booting I get 1080p (Windows bootscreen and BIOS). At the moment the login screen appears: 800x600.

So I bootet with Linux (Kubuntu). No Problems, 1080p works. Other resolutions work too. Other devices [instead of the PC] e.g. a Chromecast, a PS4 and funny: My girlfriends PC with a Intel GMA work great.

So in my intention it is a driver relatet problem. I am using the 20.4.2 version of the driver.

I tried to set the resolution custom. But whatever I try, every resolution is "unsupported".

Here some screenshots:

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt_2.JPG

Unbenannt_3.JPG

Sorry, everything is in german....

Any idea?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well, I figured it out. HDMI-Port 2 has the "Erweitertes Eingangssignal" (could be translated to "extended input signal") feature always enabled. On port 1 I can disable this feature. And moments after the deactiviation i got my full resolution. So:

If you have resolution problems with a Samsung TV, a AV receiver and a AMD radeon graphics card and get stuck at 800x600 pixels, use HDMI-port 1 and disable "Erweitertes Eingangssignal" ("extended input signal") .

View solution in original post

4 Replies

To eliminate the Yamaha AVR, can you connect the HDMI cable directly from the GPU to the TV and see if you get full Resolution?

I had a similar setup with an old Onkyo Receiver without any problems.

I used GPU HDMI>Onkyo AVR> Old HD Monitor  and GPU HDMI>HD Samsung TV Set.

But now I use GPU DP>HD Monitor and GPU HDMI> HD Samsung TV Set and GPU HDMI>Onkyo AVR for 5.1 Audio.

0 Likes
pascalts
Adept I

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I will give this a try this evening. Unfortunately I have to remove the TV from the wall to do this... I used HDMI port 2 on the TV, wich has a feature called "Erweitertes Eingangssignal" (could be translated to "extended input signal") wich has something to do with HDR and the used HDMI standart. On port 1 I can disable this feature. Samsung says this could solve problems with older (--> 1080p) sources.

Best regards

Pascal

Well, I figured it out. HDMI-Port 2 has the "Erweitertes Eingangssignal" (could be translated to "extended input signal") feature always enabled. On port 1 I can disable this feature. And moments after the deactiviation i got my full resolution. So:

If you have resolution problems with a Samsung TV, a AV receiver and a AMD radeon graphics card and get stuck at 800x600 pixels, use HDMI-port 1 and disable "Erweitertes Eingangssignal" ("extended input signal") .

great to hear you found out the reason for your low resolution on the Samsung TV.

Please mark your last reply as "Correct" so other Users will know what you did to fix your problems.

Good troubleshooting, by the way!

0 Likes