Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

surriour
Journeyman III

Resolution 1366x768 no longer available after install of 18.5.2 Adrenaline

Hello,

I recently updated my AMD drivers to the 18.5.2 version. After the install, I realized I could not put my screen to it's native resolution of 1366x768. Are there any solutions to this? As an aside, going back to 18.3.2 fixes the problem but I would like to keep the updated drivers if possible.

I have an AMD rx460

and the screen is a Sylvania 32".

0 Likes
4 Replies

Sounds like a bug in the latest AMD Driver. Best bet is to make a AMD REPORT ISSUE from here: AMD Issue Reporting Form . This way AMD Support will become aware of the bug and hopefully make a fix. Or you can open a Support EMAIL Ticket from here : Email Form . Most likely they will respond by saying to use the last known driver that works correctly. The first link you won't get a response but will let AMD Support know there is a problem. The email you will probably get a response.

Meanwhile I would keep using driver 18.3.2 until AMD issues a fix in a future driver. There is another thread with the same or similar problem.

If you really need to have the latest driver installed for some program to work, then as a work around, you might want to download and use Custom Resolution Utility to restore the missing resolution on your computer. It is a tiny program but quite useful. If it doesn't work then you will be stuck with 18.3.2 driver until a future update fixes the problem.

Edit: What does Windows Settings show under DISPLAY as for your monitor's Resolution range with the latest AMD Driver installed?  If Radeon Settings is not showing 1366 x 768 resolution see if it is showing under Windows Settings - Display. If it is, click on the correct resolution and see if the monitor changes to it. If it becomes black. Wait a few seconds and it should go back to the original resolution if it doesn't work correctly at 1366 x 768.

0 Likes

FYI, I reported using a 1366x768 as a bug.

In my case it was pretty simple. I can use a 1366x768 HDMI display just fine using default Microsoft driver on a Ryzen 3 2200G.  Using any sort of AMD driver and it will longer even detect the display!  Drove me nuts because I was doing a clean install of Windows 10 on a newly built computer last night.

0 Likes
angayo
Journeyman III

Dear forum members,

I have a similar problem. I lost the ability to choose the resolution 1366x768. Now the options jump from 1280x720 till 1600x900. The machine is a Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega graphics and Windows 10 .

Prior to noticing the problem I updated both Windows and the graphics Driver. I have rolled back the graphics driver, but that didn't solve the problem (so I have updated it again to the latest version, namely 26.20.13025.10004). I also wanted to try uninstalling the Windows update KB4048955, but I haven't because I can't find that update.

After my attempts, the program RadeonSettings.exe doesn't work anymore. When trying to run it, I get a message box stating : “Radeon Settings and Driver versions do not match. Please try again after updating to the latest version(s).”

I may try Custom Resolution Utility, but I prefer to avoid installing programs.

Does anyone have ideas on how to restore the 1366x768 resolution and use the program RadeonSettings.exe ?

EDIT :

I have switched to a TV yesterday. Then I gained the option 1360x765 (an option I also used to have). Switching back to my monitor, the resolution stayed the same. Then I switched to 1280x720 and as a result, the option 1360x765 has diseappeared again.

EDIT 2 :

I have tried the TV again : 1360x765 was not available in the recommended list, but it was in the all modes list. The games Myst 5 and Oblivion had the resolution available. I suspect they get it from the all modes list.

After switching back to the monitor the resolution had reverted to 1280x720 and 1360x765 was unavail able. Radeon Settings still doesn't work.

1366x768 is more useful as some applications require a minimum vertikal resolution of 768 pixels.

dr_bob
Adept I

I recently upgraded to the Radeon 2020 driver and also found that 1366x768 had disappeared from the resolution list. 

I use my gaming PC one of two ways - either headless with an HDMI EDID dongle, streaming to my 1366x768 laptop with parsec/steam remote play, or connected to a 1080p projector.

It is only when using the EDID dongle that I can't select 1366x768. When connected to the projector the resolution is available. 1366x768 was available when using the EDID dongle with the older drivers.

This is very annoying as it means I can't stream games to my laptop at native resolution. Using 1270x720 or 1920x1080 makes everything blurry due to scaling.

I found a partial workaround by adding a custom resolution under Settings->Display in the Radeon software. It won't let me add 1366x768 but 1360x768 did work. At this custom resolution everything is sharp when streaming to my laptop with parsec or steam remote play but there is a 3 pixel black border on either side of the image.

0 Likes