cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kalixr
Journeyman III

reporting wrong stats

Every single app that describes my AMD RX 570 says that is only ha 8mg of ddr5 memory when it is suppose to have 8gb.

Why is this always reported wrong? Did I get ripped off by AMD or what is going on here?

I have asked this many times on many forums and have never got a reply. So, I am not excepting one from here.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Respectfully,

R.Markquis Brown

0 Likes
2 Replies

There's no such thing as an "8mb" RX 570 video card unless you received a modified card that some cryptominer hacked. Task Manager reports the correct information.

0 Likes

Thank you for your prompt reply and information as to which software reports the correct amount of memory a graphics card has.

This is the only place (Task Manager-Performance) that I have ever seen the correct reporting of the amount of memory.

This is my Task Managers report;

Graphics Memory.PNG

I made my post to inspire others to test all sorts of software that is suppose to show all of your systems stats e.g. CPU-z.

The stats produced by the software I have used always include the amount of memory any graphics card may have.

Go ahead try it yourself and you will see.I have contacted many of these companies that put out this type of software

and asked them why their software was showing the wrong amount of memory on graphics and their replies have always

been to suggest that it was me using their software wrong and one even implied that my graphics card must only have 8mb.

So, as you and I know there is no such thing as 8mg on the RX 570.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Happy New Year

Respectfully,

R.Markquis Brown

0 Likes