cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Violencia
Journeyman III

Repairing an R9 Nano

So I've got 3 Fiji XT GPUs. 2 Fury Xs and a Nano. Unfortunately 1 of the Fury Xs and the Nano died. The Nano is missing board components on the rear, and the Fury X got killed from condensation during a sub-ambient OC session.

My friend is trying to repair the Nano using components from the Fury X, however it's a bit more difficult than we'd expected due to the size of the components involved.

Does anyone know where I could find a board diagram or similar to make this process any easier? 

0 Likes
2 Replies
KBR779
Journeyman III

Was it a quick and instant death for the X? if so it's likely caused because the condensation touched the interposer, the layer connecting the GPU die to the HBM memory stacks. Ive had a mishap when repasting one and once the interposer silicon is damaged the card is nearly impossible to revive unfortunately. For the Nano, it's likely possible to find a donor board and just test every single resistor to see the working components and nonworking components. Funnily enough almost all the dead boards Ive seen on ebay are entirely because of interposer damage and the rest of the board is perfectly fine. If you find a donor for cheap, with a bit of patience and a steady hand you might be able to swap **bleep** near every part you'd need.

0 Likes

I've already got a donor board, sort of, in the dead Fury X.

Just want to scavenge components off it's backside for the Nano. Unfortunately we 'misplaced' one or two of the tiny little caps we extracted from the Fury, and we can't know exactly which one it is.

A diagram of exactly what components go where would be perfect, but we've been working off photos with some success. No revived Nano yet though by 

0 Likes