Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

izzemon
Journeyman III

Rendering issues in more recent games - RX590

Hey community!

I just bought me a Sapphire Radeon RX590 for my MacPro 5.1 for 3D-Creation and a little bit gaming every now and then. I'm running on Windows 10 (most recent version) and OSX Mojave (most recent update). 

So far everything works fine, but as soon as I run a more recent game I get very strange rendering errors / artifacts. As far as I could see one issue has to do with tesselation effects, another issue seems to be related to blooming effects, because I get strange colored forms especially when looking into the "sun" or areas with higher light amounts. Also it is visible very well on (important) ingame characters. 

Changing the video settings helped at least in Shadow of the tomb raider, where the lighting artifacts disappeared when i deactivated Blooming. The other issue might have to do with Tessellation, because in Unigine Heaven the "lines" disappear when I deactivate Tessellation. In Shadow of the tomb raider they are still there when tesselation is deactivated though. 

In Apex Legends the "Tessellation Problem" is not an issue, bute the lighting errors are also there. They cant be removed by changing any of the video settings. 

To help understand what I'm talking about I added a few links at the bottom where you can see the issues. 

These problems are there on Windows 10 and OSX, so I guess it might have nothing to do with drivers. PS: most recent drivers, also tried about 4 other versions. 

If I play older games like Borderlands 2 there are absolutely no issues. 

Could there be another compatibility issue? Or has the completely new card been broken right from the beginning?

Apex Legends Rendering Artifacts RX590 MacPro Win10 - YouTube 

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Rendering Artifacts RX590 MacPro5.1 Win10 - YouTube 

Thank you very much for your help!

kind regards,

Markus

----

Version Radeon Settings - 2019.0318.1834.33426
Driver - 18.50.27.09-190318a-340461E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019
Vendor - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D-Driver- 8.1.1.1634
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01377
OpenGL® Version - 25.20.15000.13547