Relive used to be working for ever since it was released, and I could record fine, both locally, and to a file server. However a few weeks ago it simply stopped working; the toolbar would pop up and it would say recording started (and ended, when I stopped recording), but the resulting file would only be 1kb and wouldn't be playable.
- Can screenshot with Relive, but nothing else. Toggling record desktop doesn't allow for recording the desktop.
- Intel VT-d is disabled on the CPU (an i5-6500), though I find this kind of ridiculous that this is a problem.
- Windows Hyper-V isn't installed.
- There's plenty of space on the drive, and I even have it set to record locally right now to rule out any network issues to the file server.
- 16GB of RAM, with not even half used during normal gameplay.
- This machine is solely a gaming box, so it barely has anything installed on it that isn't related to that, so not a lot of weird drivers or applications. I've pretty much disabled and exited out of any applications anyway when troubleshooting.
- Uninstalled the drivers, then ran DDU in safe mode, then installed using 17.5.2 (manual, not automatic). Still doesn't work.
- This is an R9 390-based card (MSI), stock, with no overclocking.
- Monitor is an ultrawide (3440x1440) but the game resolution is 1440p; setting the OS to 1440p doesn't fix the issue.
Kind of lost as to what to do now; this looks like a clear driver issue. I'm not a big nvidia fan, but I'm ready to move on to a card that records without a hassle if this keeps up.
Well looks like I found the culprit. If your game's resolution is higher than 3440x1440 the game won't record, even if you set a lower recording resolution in the Relive configuration panel.
Hope this his bug gets fixed soon as 4k gaming is pretty much right around the corner for AMD cards with Vega and ultra wide has been here for awhile. Hopefully this will help anyone googling or searching for the 1kb issue Which I saw earlier in the forums as well.
Thanks for the post. I'm using a 4K display and can record without issue using Relive. I did see another user with a similar issue here > Relive headaches Overlay not working & producing 1kb video files. so I'm wondering if there is a commonality between your machines/issues.
Please can you provide the essential information required, and the clear steps on how to reproduce and fix the bug on your system? Even if the fix is using a lower resolution etc. Please provide as much information as you can, thanks.
As there has been no update on this thread, I am locking the discussion.
If you are still experiencing the same issue, please start a new discussion and provide the essential information required by clicking this link > https://community.amd.com/thread/196209