cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dragospetre88
Journeyman III

Red Devil Rx 6900 Xt Limited thermal pads

Hello. Does anyone know the thickness required for red devil 6900 xt limited thermal pads? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks! 

0 Likes
7 Replies
Geforsikus_2021
Challenger

If you change the gaskets on the video card, then use plasticine or gum, and get a cast of the thickness of the gasket)

0 Likes

Right.....Do not follow ^ recommendations .Worst advice ever! Even as a Joke it is just plain stupid.

You could try sending a message to Powercolor.

0 Likes

I tried sending a message to powercolor. They did not tell me the thickness. 

0 Likes

I figured as much,

the only other way I've seen so far is to take it apart and measure them.

0 Likes

The main thing is if you will install new gaskets, do not do it in 2 layers in any case! Just one layer and pick up the thickness as I wrote above (we disassembled the video card, removed the old gaskets, took a chewing gum or plasticine, a small stone on the memory chip and another stone where there were thermal pads, assembled the card back or rather its radiator, then again we disassemble and measure the thickness of the flattened chewing gum or plasticine, depending on what you used, and after the measurements you select the thickness, in general, some people put copper plates instead of thermal pads(aliexpress)(thermal paste, then a copper plate and again a thermal paste and a video card radiator on top), this is quite dangerous since metal conducts electricity, but if you pick up the skinny, the temperature of the components in the video card drops quite a lot. It is best if you are afraid for the temperature, do undervolting, there is a lot of information on this topic on the Internet, you may find something for your video card model. Considering that you are satisfied with the new video card, I would not change the pack gaskets, did undervolting without changing the frequencies, just lowered the voltage on the GPU, if you are afraid for the temperature, there are video cards with a liquid cooling system, where the maximum temperature of the gpu center does not rise above 70 usually to 65+-. In conventional three-fan cards, the center of the gpu chip splits up to 95, they say these are operating temperatures. But as for me, the temperature is too high. I have a monitor of 1440p 120hertz, in games I limit fps at the level of 115, so that freesync would work and the video card would not grind at full power, and it does not heat up much)

0 Likes

I will just say.. don't waste your time asking powercolour.. they most likely won't even respond to you.

0 Likes

And what exactly is stupid? This is the only and proven way to measure the thickness of the layer between the cooling radiator and memory chips or other parts (chewing gum or plasticine, not a big stone and reassemble the video card). Given that the gap will be different from batch to batch of the same accelerator. But again, if you are ready to make a replacement now, and if you just find out the thickness, then yes, ask the vendor of the video card in the community or contact them directly.

0 Likes