cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

StevieCee
Journeyman III

Red devil 7900xtx keeps crashing

Hey everyone so I just purchased a new pc built it myself. After downloading windows 11 and my drivers I downloaded destiny 2 and went to play and it crashed out with no more than 2 minutes of playing. Originally I thought I messed up my drivers so I completely wiped my pc and started again for the same thing to happen. Eventually I started looking into it on Reddit and kept trying different solutions for none of them to work. The last one I tried was lowering my max clock speed to 2100 which I shouldn’t have to but that made a difference and got about 10 minutes of play until I hit a big add dense area and it crashed out. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know I’m pulling my hair trying to figure this out right now ky pc feels like a 6000 dollar paper weight. My specs  Ryzen x7950 7900xtx rog 1000w psu rog 670xe-e mb and 64g Corsair vengeance ddr5 ram. So the only game I play is destiny 2 I’m running on a odyssey neo g9 monitor so running at 240hz

0 Likes
1 Reply
Qoojo
Miniboss

Did you verify that your cpu and memory are stable and properly cooled before testing games and GPU? I use a combo prime95 (limited time runs because it's so extreme), OCCT, and ASUS realbench combo while monitoring with HWINFO.

Additionally, there might be a problem with freesync and your monitor based on other person saying that turning off freesync with your gpu fixed some crashes.

0 Likes