corsair lpx 2x 8gb 3200mhz
5700 xt gigabyte 8g OC
x570 phantom gaming 4
bequiet 600w bronze+ non modular
dark rock pro cooler
crucial p1 500 gb m.2
850 evo 250 gb (w/ windows)

Problem:
PC reboots as if it lost power for a moment multiple times a day, no BSOD.

Happens when
- i click on win login screen,
- while scrolling a site
- click youtube or netflix full screen.
Also sometimes black flickering on upper side when scrolling.
When playing Warzone, monitor will lose GPU signal but I can still hear sound and after a couple second, I can play on.
Indicating power problem, since no dump files and kernel event 41 with 0x0 value.

However the flickering and clicking fullscreen indicates GPU.

what i tried:
multiple drivers with ddu in safe mode
furmark burn in 45 minutes 71*C max
memtest86 one run with no errors
new psu
sfc/ scannow and chkdsk- no problems
reseating gpu

turned off every amd radeon settings including freesync and overlay

windows up-to-date
checked temps with core temp, reboots happen while <60*C
newest bios and Vbios
changed the startup and recovery setting so it wont restart at system failure
no overclock, disabled xmp  ran with 2133mhz - still persists
did not happen in safe mode while surfing/watching videos for multiple hours
happened in clean boot state with all but microsoft services turned off

What I will try today:

rebuilding PC to see if all PSU cables are sitting well and mobo not touching case.

If you need additional Info, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your time.

9 Replies
muratc
Adept I

Rebuild the PC, nothing unusual. I read that someone was having problems after a windows update. Manually updated my windows. Will let you guys know if it is fixed or not.

0 Likes

Two things cause the restart problem for a new system. 1) The motherboard may not be working properly and is cutting power. 2) PSU may be cutting power with high loading.

These problems can be partially reduced by updating or changing the software, but it is difficult to solve the problem completely with this...

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

A good PSU with high quality and high capacity with at least gold certificate will most likely solve your problem. PSUs with 750w gold certification (OR BETTER) are generally good and are unlikely to cause problems.

0 Likes

Hi mstfbsrn980

thanks for taking time. PSU is possible, but unlikely at this point, because reboots happened with three of them.
I tried two 600w non modular bronze+ and be quiet 650w gold+. Also, it looks like it does not happen in safe mode which makes me think it could be software related. The first restarts are usually in the morning when starting up the pc and i click on win login. However today it did not happen. I can play Warzone for multiple hours without reboots, however at some point when I scroll on a site or switch a tab on my browser it reboots.

If it reboots again, I will try one ram stick at a time without unnecessary peripherals.

0 Likes

It is quite difficult to find out what the problem is without trying the system with a PSU that meets the standards I specified or is better. That's it... Stability of the system in a game does not give us any information for the problems.

0 Likes

It may be your GPU causing the restarts. Just today it was in the news about a security flaw in the Navi chips now linked to restarts. Says software fix of coming but only gave a time frame of Quarter One 2021. On top of that some Navi makers have more stability issues than others. But black screens and restarts have been common in the series. The drivers since launch have been problematic to say the least. 

here is a link to the issue in the news today: https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/amd_reveals_vulnerabilities_in_their_ryzen_master_and_rade... 

0 Likes

No crashes for now running 60hz, will let you know next days if it changes. BTW, I never had crashes while gaming on 144hz, only visual signal loss for a couple seconds.

0 Likes

Hello Murat, download Furmark. And test 8xAA for 1080p and no AA. 1 hour for each. Games and desktop may be misleading... In short, I still think your PSU needs to be of the highest quality for your system to work with 600w...

0 Likes