cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

raullink
Newcomer

RE Engine games Freezing

Every RE Engine game started to Freeze every 10 seconds.

The GPU use goes to 0% constantly (every 10 seconds) making the game freeze, but audio and all other O.S. operations runs normaly, just the game image freeze. The game running on LOWEST (720p) or HIGHEST (4k) settings this happen, just like the attached image. In main menu, pause screen, settings screen, loading screen, in game... Every 10s freeze.

This started to happen after upgrading the driver 19.12.1 to 19.12.3. I upgraded using DDU, and tried to roll back too.

I installed 19.12.1 more than 10 times using DDU on saffety mode and roll back to previosly Windows restore point. The problem do not solve. I'm now using 19.12.2 and the problema persists.

This problem happens ONLY with RE Engine games (Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry V).

I tried to run MAXED OUT (on 4k) for about 30 min:

Ryse of Rome

The Witcher III

Resident Evil 5

Grand Theft Auto V

Blair Witch

Hellblade

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

No problem. Running great with high performance and no freeze or glitchs.

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT

My Specs:

i7 6700k (stock)

24GB RAM DDR4 2667mhz

Asus B250M-PLUS/BR

What can I do? Call RMA?

0 Likes
1 Reply
cjdowney23
Journeyman III

I am having the same problems! My game image freezes, but the sound continues like normal. The computer totally seizes up, not allowing me to see the task manager or alt tab out. It dominates the screen with the game image. I can use the windows key to bring up the task bar, but upon trying to close or open something else, there is no success. Only happens on the RE Engine games. RE2, RE3 and RE7.

0 Likes