cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: RDNA2, RDNA Refresh, and "Big Navi" Launch and Reviews.

What is the bet you have to use the Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI to access the new AMD Forum....

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Whats the bet the historically long RX5700XT Navi 10 Black Screen thread vanishes?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

How Photos Became a Weapon in Stalin’s Great Purge ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Decide which one of the above is threads about problems on FuryX, Polaris, Vega, Navi 10.
Not counting Radeon 7 it didn't make it into the picture at all.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I just hope the move to a new platform means AMD will start taking this community seriously as an official support outlet the way they treat Reddit and other social media, and assign a permanent liaison here. Yes we have Matt and Ray, but they're more moderators than official support technicians. What's his name over in the professional section whose name I cannot remember at 9PM after a long day is about as close as we get here to official AMD support, but this place needs someone who can help organize problem reports and send them to the proper people, even if it means a single account where different devs take over on different days, like social media accounts often are.

I'm remembering, or at least thinking I'm remembering, that Andrej Zdravkovic stated that the main problem is that when problem reports are posted on any outlet that AMD has an "official" presence on, they aren't communicated up the chain to the devs who can actually take a look at them and attempt to reproduce and correct them, which combined with the antiquated problem report wizard, which has been updated, meant issues couldn't be attended to. nVidia, on the other hand, has a massive install base covering a gargantuan variety of system configurations, and though the GeForce Experience can collect much more diagnostic data than AMD can, so they have more to go on, as well as a better support setup in their forums and, quite likely, many more developers employed than AMD.

We can only hope, as well, it is not another Jive system...

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

If so that is going to take out the top contributors. LOL

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

They need a proper Customer Support Ticket System with to the User and a case tracking system so you can track the progress on your Bug Report.
Said this years ago.
Without that it is pointless.

I cannot report Bugs on the web anymore.

I refuse to use the AMD Bug Reporting tool because there is no opt out w.r.t. sending whatever data they trawl.

r/AMD is actually a joke. It is just full of crazed fanboys. 

I have been having some fun recently on there.

If I report a genuine problem there is literally a swarm of totally crazed fanboys who just attack and downvote.

Just for a laugh I posted the line "AMD is great" in response to a thread and got a +50 upvote in about 5 minutes flat versus spending 1 hour to help someone solve a technical issue and get downvoted by people who said the problem didn't exist at all. 
I solved the OP issue FYI. It was real.

I don't care about the points.at all. 
I do hate the attitude on there though.
To be honest, I am pretty much outta here anyhow.

I just enjoy the discussions with you guys.
I am not interested in new Radeon GPU or CPU at the moment.

I think I would be better learning how to fight "The Great Reset".
Terminator 2 just got real, AI is about to go self aware, and were all hosed.
Good luck with the US elections. I hope the Second American Civil War does not start this week.

Bye.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Hope it also takes out all the inactive accounts as well, as well as imposes a limit of say, 6 months of inactivity before the accounts are deleted. It also needs an automatic topic locking function that other forums have so a years old thread cannot be necroposted by obvious bots.

Oh, and for the love of all that's holy I pray there's a mandatory system spec entry upon account creation with guided entry boxes that can be displayed by hovering over their icon, or is always displayed under their name.

Being able to change our user names would be nice too...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Just using you as an example ... looks like you have run an archive before, but other top contributers, especially people who have put in an amazing amount of effort such as  elstaci  pokester kingfish  and many others may be interested to use this.

This thread has been marked as "Assumed Answered"
That may mean it will disappear.
If anyone wants to save particular pages for future references do the following.

(1). Log out of your account.
(2). Go to, for example, your profile such as: "https: //community.amd.com/people/black_zion" (I put space after https:so you can see the full link).
(3). Go here: https: //archive.org/web/web.php (I put space after https:so you can see the full link).
(4). Enter the link to your profile
pastedImage_5.png
(5). Click on Browse History button. You may or may not see previously saved versions.
pastedImage_9.png
(6). To run a fresh archive for today - go back to the main npage and enter the address into Save Page.Now.
pastedImage_10.png

(7). Press Save Page.
pastedImage_11.png(8) Run Archive:
pastedImage_12.png

Posting this now before I get logged off.