cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: RDNA2, RDNA Refresh, and "Big Navi" Launch and Reviews.

AMD released more first party benchmarks showing how much AMD Smart Access Memory can increase performance.

These were of course done on an X570 motherboard and a Ryzen 9 5900X, so if you're willing to spend $550 on a 5900X and half that again on an X570 motherboard for a whopping 11% performance improvement...Or you could just spend less on a 3090?

https://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-6900-xt-rx-6800-xt-rx-6800-gaming-4k-wqhd-benchmarks/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

True dat! Then you have better performance regardless if it is optimized for it or not. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jayz2Cents Video.
I think he is wrong about "Rage Mode" BS.which is just increasing the GPU Power Limit and Fan speed increase according to Gamers Nexus. 
It looks like Rage Mode is a preset like you had on RX Vega 64 - i.e Power saving -25% Power Limit, Balanced 0% Power Limit, Turbo +25% Power Limit.
Yawn.

NVIDIA Never saw this coming... AMD on top?? - YouTube 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

What is your confidence level in AMD Drivers on these GPU after 8 months of horse manure on RX5700XT Navi 10?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

I absolutely agree. And more than likely any user that would use this would likely do this manually and get a better combination anyway. So meaningless feature for 99%. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

I know you asked BZ but my take is that yes it is likely some things which Navi had issues with such as audio drop out that I believe to be hardware issues will be fixed, but more by the improved silicon. I find it very likely though that you will have the normal teething pains of an architectural change. Plus I see nothing improving with the interface nor any improvement in the features that still don't work right. The hardware isn't going to fix it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Considering Andrej Zdravkovic still has a job and he hasn't made a massive effort to reorganize his division and hire new developers? Absolute zero.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I feel the same way and past performance is a reliable metric to predict future results.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Predictions on when we will see the first "I spent over $1200 in AMD gear and I can't play <game>!!!!!" thread?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Cool where can I buy my square! LOL

0 Kudos