cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: RDNA2, RDNA Refresh, and "Big Navi" Launch and Reviews.

Performance 4K versus RTX2080Ti, RTX 3080, RTX 3090
RX6800XT = $649 AMD Claim ~ RTX3080 performance.

RX6800 = $579 AMD Claim ~ RTX2080TI Performance.
RX6900XT = $999 AMD Claim ~ RTX3090 performance.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

No way I would ever consider a Radeon card nor recommend a Radeon card at those price levels. They're effectively the same as nVidia as these are just reference prices, they don't support the same features nVidia supports (DLSS, nVidia Broadcast, etc...), they don't have the same history of support nVidia has with major issues potentially existing for months, they have higher power consumption...

Seriously, how does AMD think this is a good idea? Oh, right, miners will buy them all...

Perhaps Intel will be the savior of the GPU market...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Correction - typo - RX6700 = $579 AMD Claim ~ RTX2080TI Performance.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I thought the presentation was very weak.
Radeon Anti-Lag is useless compared to Nvidia offering.
Radeon Boost is in no state to promote.
No detail or demo of RayTracing Support which tells me ... it is not ready.

RAGE mode is a very appropriate term to use for AMD Auto Overclocking because that is what it causes when it BSODS or does nothing.
Should not be allowed to get away with presenting overclocked GPU numbers versus stock RTX3080/3090 cards.

Not sure what Smart Memory Access is, but if it is something like HBCC where some DRAM is assigned as a " VRAM cache" I do not  see it getting supported on more than a few games if it is anything like HBCC it will be dropped like a brick.

Not impressed.

At 300 Watts in that  Radeon 7 Cooler with the side blower fins it is going to be another hot and loud GPU from AMD.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I see Sapphire just launched a new Navi 10 GPU in small form factor.
Do you think AMD will now drop Navi 10 completely or there will be lower cost RX5700XT cards?
Do you think they will do a Navi 10 refresh?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

AMD previously stated there would be a Navi Refresh, but then they said RDNA2 would be a complete product stack replacement, so I'm not sure what to think other than RTG is a complete mess, and AMD isn't at all interested in competing, just keeping a minor presence and hoping miners buy the whole stock. There could possibly be a Navi Refresh for the "lower end" market, but when it's competing against nVidia putting out Ampere from top to bottom, it wouldn't make much sense.

Either way their stock has taken two major hits in the last week, the first when their announced their $35 billion purchase, and the second today, so Wall Street is totally unimpressed by the RX 6000 series as well, no doubt because they cost twice as much as they should be sold for.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Best Buy already has the 3070's listed for tomorrow's opening event, and looks like prices will vary between $500 and $570. Considering we know from third party reviews that the 3070 matches the 2080 Ti in performance, why in the world would anyone ever consider the RX 6800 for $580?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&browsedCategory=abcat0507002&id=pcat17071&iht=n&ks=960&list=y&qp=gpusv_facet%3DGraphics+Processing+Unit+(GPU)~NVIDIA+GeForce+RTX+3070&sc=Global&st=categoryid%24abcat0507002&type=page&usc=All+Categories&nrtv_cid=c63287331ecb189f810c97e08905d8a9be35d0dee397f01c45bbd7ab296b726c&subId2=future&subId3=1722191439251282761&subId1=

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

RAGE mode increases the power slider and sets a more agressive fan curve ... for 1-2% performnce gain...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

DXR implementation 1.0 and 1.1 are supported.
Custom RTX or Proprietary or Vulkan Ray Tracing will not work...