cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: RDNA2, RDNA Refresh, and "Big Navi" Launch and Reviews.

That WCCFTECH post is under Hardware:Leak:Rumour, and they say:
"it should be pointed out that based on TecLab's previous benchmarking coverage, these latest tests should be taken with a slight pinch of salt. "

It is a rumour based on this original article:
https://videocardz.com/newz/alleged-geforce-rtx-3080-graphics-card-test-leaks-online 

In that article it says:

"The leakers claim to own a sample and a working driver, which is currently only available to the press after signing a strict NDA."

"It is worth noting that this channel has already been caught using fake review samples and publishing a review earlier (they hid the name of the Ryzen processor). This time leakers do not show any review sample, so we cannot confirm if they really tested the card. Either way, take the results with a grain of salt."

Based on all of the above I do not think it is worth discussing at all.

TecLab appear to have broken an NDA with Nvidia, seem to have a track record of posting fake reviews.

Looks worse than Yoyo YouTuber "Experts" to me. 

It will not be long until more real reviews get posted.
So far the only one I have seen of the RTX3080 is from Digital Foundry, but they only tested a small sample of games and were not allowed to publish FPS numbers, only relative performance.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Hence the "If it is true" in my post, and of course performance is going to vary significantly from a reference edition to the custom cards, so it's going to be all down to what is compared to what.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

RX6000 Series GPU Design just posted on Radeon RX Twitter:
pastedImage_1.png

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Some more information and discussion about the cooler render here:
Here's what AMD DIDN'T show you on their 6000 Series Radeon GPUs - YouTube 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Big Navi in Fortnite @ 4K Epic Settings. - YouTube 
Yes I am bored to death today, so I took a look at it.
The video was recorded at 4K, and is still processing. You can view it at 1080p now.
Video shows you how to get to the GPU Shroud Design and the "AMD" areas.
Never know I might find the full GPU specs, Pricing, and Benchmark results there...
I took a look to see if AMD are using POSCAPS or MLCC but I cannot tell.
I got inside the the card but I cannot see the PCB or GPU.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

AMD's RX 6000 GPU benchmarks put it seriously close to Nvidia's RTX 3080. Maybe even ahead | PC Game... 

"But one of the reasons those numbers might look very different on our own rigs is because, if AMD's CPU performance numbers ring true, and the Ryzen 9 5900X is, on average 26 percent quicker than the Ryzen 9 3900X, that will have a big impact on our own Nvidia numbers. 

In my testing, at 4K, the 10700K is some 5 percent quicker than the 3900X in gaming tests. If we're conservative in our Ryzen 5000 performance bumps and suggest a 4K fps boost of just 10 percent over the Intel chip, that still puts the RTX 3080 ahead even in Borderlands 3."

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

The response to the RX 6000 series "reveal" remind me of the Vega FE launch when it turned out EVEN THE LIQUID COOLED 16GB VERSION  didn't beat the GTX 1080 8GB in gaming.

The AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition 16GB Liquid-Cooled Review - PC Perspective 

There are many AMD fans on Reddit and elsewhere coming up with lots of scenarios trying to explain why RX6000 series, even running on the best Gaming GPU (R9 5900) cannot beat an RTX3080.

Apparently there is Bigger Navi now...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III