cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

RDNA2, RDNA Refresh, and "Big Navi" Launch and Reviews.

RDNA2, RDNA Refresh, and "Big Navi" Launch and Reviews.

It looks like it will not be long before real information will start to get released about RDNA2 and "Big Navi". 

I am opening this thread to capture information about RDNA2, RDNA Refresh, and Big Navi Launch and Reviews.

I will only include information such as:

Benchmarks or Reviews of XBOX Series X and PS5 which include "RDNA2" GPU.

Information released by AMD on RDNA2 and Big Navi.

Information about any "RDNA Refresh" of the RX5000 series GPUs.

Benchmark data from AMD and YouTube Benchmarks and Reviews.

I will be watching out for the information and reading reviews anyhow so I will post data here if I see it.

If anyone has useful data such as described above then can you please add information here?

Please avoid wild speculations from "Tech YouTubers" who seem to make outrageous performance improvement claims based on "rumours" from "reliable leakers".

They often seem to yoyo their conclusions on a weekly basis just to get better viewing numbers or deny their predictions were complete rubbish when they get it wrong, and huff about it.

1 Solution

I am closing this thread. 
Lots of work done posting reviews about AMD RX6800/XT series. 
No one seems interested or seems to care, even on this Forum. 

As far as I see it, AMD finally managed to almost catch up to Nvidia in 4K Rasterization perfomance, but is still behind in many other areas w.r.t. Blender, GPU Compute, AI, DLSS. GeForce Experience features, Driver stability. 

I think this is/was a paper launch, done to satisfy AMD Shareholders & Financial Markets. 

Use of SAM and Rage Mode on presentation for RX6900XT was done to give the impression the RX6900XT beats/equals the RTX3090. 

There is no point in looking at reviews as the GPUs are not actually available to purchase. 

Maybe AMD AIB partners will have some RX6800/XT or even 6900XT availabe mid 2021. 

Maybe AMD will be working on RDNA3 but I doubt they will actually release RDNA3 GPU until next round of Consoles are needed. 

I think Nvidia will re-launch RTX3000 series GPU on better process node in 2021. 

Looks to me like AMD have missed the boat with the launch of these cards, due to overpricing them and almost total lack of stock. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
225 Replies

What is the bet you have to use the Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI to access the new AMD Forum....

Whats the bet the historically long RX5700XT Navi 10 Black Screen thread vanishes?

0 Likes

How Photos Became a Weapon in Stalin’s Great Purge ...

0 Likes

Decide which one of the above is threads about problems on FuryX, Polaris, Vega, Navi 10.
Not counting Radeon 7 it didn't make it into the picture at all.

0 Likes

I just hope the move to a new platform means AMD will start taking this community seriously as an official support outlet the way they treat Reddit and other social media, and assign a permanent liaison here. Yes we have Matt and Ray, but they're more moderators than official support technicians. What's his name over in the professional section whose name I cannot remember at 9PM after a long day is about as close as we get here to official AMD support, but this place needs someone who can help organize problem reports and send them to the proper people, even if it means a single account where different devs take over on different days, like social media accounts often are.

I'm remembering, or at least thinking I'm remembering, that Andrej Zdravkovic stated that the main problem is that when problem reports are posted on any outlet that AMD has an "official" presence on, they aren't communicated up the chain to the devs who can actually take a look at them and attempt to reproduce and correct them, which combined with the antiquated problem report wizard, which has been updated, meant issues couldn't be attended to. nVidia, on the other hand, has a massive install base covering a gargantuan variety of system configurations, and though the GeForce Experience can collect much more diagnostic data than AMD can, so they have more to go on, as well as a better support setup in their forums and, quite likely, many more developers employed than AMD.

We can only hope, as well, it is not another Jive system...

They need a proper Customer Support Ticket System with to the User and a case tracking system so you can track the progress on your Bug Report.
Said this years ago.
Without that it is pointless.

I cannot report Bugs on the web anymore.

I refuse to use the AMD Bug Reporting tool because there is no opt out w.r.t. sending whatever data they trawl.

r/AMD is actually a joke. It is just full of crazed fanboys. 

I have been having some fun recently on there.

If I report a genuine problem there is literally a swarm of totally crazed fanboys who just attack and downvote.

Just for a laugh I posted the line "AMD is great" in response to a thread and got a +50 upvote in about 5 minutes flat versus spending 1 hour to help someone solve a technical issue and get downvoted by people who said the problem didn't exist at all. 
I solved the OP issue FYI. It was real.

I don't care about the points.at all. 
I do hate the attitude on there though.
To be honest, I am pretty much outta here anyhow.

I just enjoy the discussions with you guys.
I am not interested in new Radeon GPU or CPU at the moment.

I think I would be better learning how to fight "The Great Reset".
Terminator 2 just got real, AI is about to go self aware, and were all hosed.
Good luck with the US elections. I hope the Second American Civil War does not start this week.

Bye.

0 Likes

OK I was wrong.
This thread is still here.
Thank you AMD for not removing it.

0 Likes

If so that is going to take out the top contributors. LOL

Yes.

0 Likes

Hope it also takes out all the inactive accounts as well, as well as imposes a limit of say, 6 months of inactivity before the accounts are deleted. It also needs an automatic topic locking function that other forums have so a years old thread cannot be necroposted by obvious bots.

Oh, and for the love of all that's holy I pray there's a mandatory system spec entry upon account creation with guided entry boxes that can be displayed by hovering over their icon, or is always displayed under their name.

Being able to change our user names would be nice too...

0 Likes

Just using you as an example ... looks like you have run an archive before, but other top contributers, especially people who have put in an amazing amount of effort such as  elstaci  pokester kingfish  and many others may be interested to use this.

This thread has been marked as "Assumed Answered"
That may mean it will disappear.
If anyone wants to save particular pages for future references do the following.

(1). Log out of your account.
(2). Go to, for example, your profile such as: "https: //community.amd.com/people/black_zion" (I put space after https:so you can see the full link).
(3). Go here: https: //archive.org/web/web.php (I put space after https:so you can see the full link).
(4). Enter the link to your profile
pastedImage_5.png
(5). Click on Browse History button. You may or may not see previously saved versions.
pastedImage_9.png
(6). To run a fresh archive for today - go back to the main npage and enter the address into Save Page.Now.
pastedImage_10.png

(7). Press Save Page.
pastedImage_11.png(8) Run Archive:
pastedImage_12.png

Posting this now before I get logged off.

(9). Go back to the internet archive and see your new saved archive:
pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

Here is the new archive loading.
pastedImage_3.png

That is it.
Good luck with archiving if you want to do it.
Hope the new AMD Community Forum is better, gets more people involved, and gets better support.

Thanks to sam.tehrani  for the deadline information.

11/6 Update: Community Platform in read-only state from Nov 9 to Nov 12

Created by sam.tehrani 06-Nov-2020

Hello Everyone,

We are nearing the launch of our new AMD Community platform, and to perform required maintenance & testing, the current platform will be in a “read-only” state from Monday, November 9th (9:00 am CST) through Thursday, November 12th (9:00 am CST). After that time, the new platform will be live and will once again allow for things like posting questions, starting discussions, or engaging with community members.

Thank you in advance!

I fired off a question to him with no answer yet but I just sent it recently as to if the new site would transfer our rankings, assuming the new site still has something like that. 

0 Likes

Thanks for sharing that! I did know about it and I am sure that more don't know about it than do. I was just on it the other day as I wanted to reference something I had written years ago on an S3 tech site I co-ran. A user had in another forum and a question on an old Savage 4 card and I new I had the information he needed on that site. So thanks to archive dot org, I could reference it for them. Great tool and thanks again for the share!

No problemo.

0 Likes

Hi,
Glad I am still on here.
Did you manage to archive anything?
A number of my archives have dissappeared.
Not sure why.
Internet Archive seems to have been playing up.
Thanks.

0 Likes

Last post on here for today:

Nvidia have implemented SAM for their Ampere GPUs according to Gamers Nexus:

From NVIDIA, re:SAM: “The capability for resizable BAR is part of the PCI Express spec. NVIDIA hardware supports this functionality and will enable it on Ampere GPUs through future software updates. We have it working internally and are seeing similar performance results."

Bye.

0 Likes

Another Fortnite room to celebrate the new AMD new Ryzen 5000 CPUs and Radeon 6000 series GPUs.
I will take a look. 
Photo here: 
Uploading EmuXRDSXEAA4KBR.jpg resulted in the following error: You have reached your upload limit of 1,000 images.
As I said, 1000 images is not enough for me for sure...

:mansad::manfrustrated::manembarrassed:

I'm so sad, you can't post a picture and I will never load Fortnite so I will never know what AMD had to show us. LOL

I will post a link to a video in Youtube. 
Cheers.

I tried it out.
I have cut videos but I am too busy to upload them.

RX6000 RDNA2 series GPU Map Code: 0578-5461-0927 RX5000
Ryzen series CPU Map Code: 6274-1412-0266 RX6000

RDNA2 series GPU Map impossible to complete.
Extremely difficult.
Not fun.

Twitch streamer also gave up.
https://www.twitch.tv/smeefu/schedule

AMD please provide a Map code to enter the RX6000 RDNA2 room at the end of the GPU Map.

Usual round of unboxing videos / looks at the RX6000 series have started. 
Not going to list them all.

Here is one with photos of 6800 and 6800XT if anyone is interested:
https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/amd_radeon_rx_6800_and_rx_6800_xt_preview/2

Do you know if AMD will be selling these through their website or retailers or a specific retailer only?

0 Likes

Sorry I do not know. 

I have not even bothered to ask around or look. 

I am not going to even attempt to purchase any new AMD GPU until Gamers Nexus run review and tear down of each GPU, and Buildzoid takes a look at one.  Then I will look at a few other reviewers.

In addition, I want to see how Nvidia implementation of SAM performs, as that is pretty important.

I was just curious as I had not heard what measures they might be taking to make sure cards get into users hands at MSRP and not to scalpers. 

0 Likes

Are you trying to purchase an RX6000 series GPU? 

0 Likes

PowerColor tease "Red Devil" on Twitter. 
Should show up on here soon: 
https://www.powercolor.com/products?id=1492658578

0 Likes

Nothing on: 
ASUS
MSI
Gigabyte Websites RE AIB RX6000 Series GPUs. 

0 Likes

@colesdav wrote:

Nothing on: 
ASUS
MSI
Gigabyte Websites RE AIB RX6000 Series GPUs. 

I think the Tier 1 companies are given a little bit of a head start. These are Tier 2 as they make both red and green cards. 

Nope Aljuke found Asus cards so that's not it. Guess the others have a slow web department. LOL

0 Likes

Digital Foundry Review of RX6000 Series GPU soon.
They are testing now. 

Should be an interesting comparison to their RTX3090 /3080 / 3070 reviews. 

Videos should be here:

https://www.digitalfoundry.net/browse/hardware
https://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalFoundry

Sapphire and PowerColor are the only recent AMD GPU AIB card manufacturers I would go near based on Vega and Navi.
I am not sure about ASRock AMD GPUs, Dual slot RX5700XT Challenger seemed o.k. based on reviews. Not run one. 
I am interested to try an ASRock Motherboard. 

0 Likes

The ASRock X370 Fata1ty Professional Gamer was one of the best motherboards built on the X370 chipset.  I am still using mine and it has been great.  The inclusion of the 5Gbps LAN port still hasn't been equaled by many X570 motherboards.

I am after one of these, but wait to see if they upgrade it to have Thunderbolt 4. 
https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 Creator/index.asp

0 Likes

I have not personally owned and AsRock but I have built a couple ITX builds for family and friends and they have been happy. I think their stuff is okay. I still think on the GPU side that Saphire builds the best AMD GPU by far. 

I used to like the XFX stuff but since going Chinese I have heard too many complaints about them. I don't think they are the same kind of company anymore. Such a shame, they used to have great support. 

I have personally returned every Power Color card I have tried and that is 4 of them now all had issues out of the box. One pre GCN, one 7950, a Vega 56 and 5700, all went back before my return period expired. 

0 Likes

Here is a link detailing some of the ASUS cards.

https://rog.asus.com/articles/gaming-graphics-cards/asus-radeon-rx-6800-rx-6800-xt-rog-tuf-gaming/

Looks like a 6800 XT STRIX LC, 6800 STRIX, and 6800 TUF.